Video Files on Forum ×

Rechargeable batteries????

We've been through this before and the official answer from Casio in Tokyo is "NO rechargables"..     We don't know exactly why and to my knowledge no one has ever tried to use rechargables in Casio boards.

Here's one of the discussions...http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4345-using-batteries-as-described-in-the-px-5s-basic-manual/?hl=rechargable

Unfortunately that discussion doesn't really say why other than the lower 1.2 volts.  Doesn't make sense- alkaline batteries, when run down, go below 1.2 volts.  I wonder as well if there were rechargeables that ran at 1.5 volts if they would be OK.

I'll probably run a 12 volt battery (motorcycle sized) and power the board through the ac adapter in.

Yeah, I've got a Crate Limo- 50 watts into a 10" speaker, plug it in when you get home, works great.  It's just that i I wanted to find something that was fairly loud by itself, and of course rechargeables are a lot cheaper.  It is great however that the board will run on batteries.

Was wondering- how loud would you describe the WK-7500 to be?  If you've heard the Korg SP-280 (plug in power), at 22w x 2, that describes the EXTREMELY LOUD end of the spectrum.  Some of the lower end boards are not that much beyond conversational loud.  I haven't had a chance to try out the 7500 yet and am very curious.

How about plugging it into an APC Home Computer UPS?  The current draw would be small so you'd probably get 8 hours of play from it. 

It'd be an extra 10 lbs or so to lug along but I bet you could play all day with this plugged in.  You could also plug a small amp into it in a pinch.

http://www.amazon.com/APC-BE750G-Saving-Battery-Back-UPS/dp/B000Z80ICM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387217064&sr=8-1&keywords=apc+ups+750

Plus when you do firmware updates you wouldn't need to fear power outages ;)

Actually having given it further thought, an APC UPS would not do the job well enough.  It emits an annoying beep every minute or so while mains power is disconnected.

However, a battery powered inverter device would be perfect.

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-DRPP300-Powerpack-300-Watt-Emergency/dp/B009YR00L4/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1387242673&sr=1-2&keywords=battery+power+pack

• 1 month later...