SOLO SYNTH Recording

SYNTHEMATIX

Hello:

Yes, you can do it. You record the sequence as a phrase and save it as a phrase sequencer user.

8cua.jpg

Or... (into the step sequencer):

tk1c.jpg

1.- STEP SEQ (mode).

2.- MENU.

3.- Setting >Ent.

4.- Solo1 Ch [14] --> Ch[1].

5.- EXIT (x2).

6.- EDIT.

7.- Step Edit >Ent.

8.- Sol1 (step 14).

Good luck. ^_^

Edited by David
  • Like 5

Solo synth is always on channel one. The sequencer normally only sends to channels 8-16. They give you the option to send channel 14 to channel 1.

Who knows why they decided to design it that way? Just try to ignore the absurdity of that, and set the option. Then everything on channel 14 of the sequencer will be sent to the solo synth.

• Like 1

Mike Martin posted an excellent live clinic video on YouTube for XW-G1 where he demonstrates what you are asking for (TB303 sound) and what David described above.
SSEQ behaves the same on XW-P1 and G1, so you can use these instructions on either machine.

Fast-forward to 00h:52m:20s mark for details.

Hello,

I downloaded Mike Martin's excellent TB-303 sound, is it possible to play it and record it into the sequencer in real time?

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

OK got it - I was convinced I have to chose Solo from within sequencer but I simply press Performance and chose sound from there. Only by doing this it switches sequencer to default one that is assigned for particular performance so I have to then find my sequence and voila !

• Like 1