Video Files on Forum ×

"Requiem for Ison"

You should put a warning label on that song that it requires you to be heavily sedated before listening. :)

And you DO recall, don't you, that Mozart's Requiem drove him into madness and death :o

Still, a very interesting and harmonically rich piece.  Good stuff :D

Gary

Poor ISON. Its first dance with the sun and it was utterly crushed. Too bad the astronomy press hyped it up so much. I didn't get a chance to see it before perihelion but by all accounts it was really nothing to write home about (although I have seen some impressive photos from people at dark sites with really big astrographs). Its real show was supposed to be right about now.

• 2 months later...

very nicely done- the beginning reminds me of some almost Brian Eno sort of sound scapes

Thanks.  Big fan of Eno, Glass, Tomita, etc. I am working on a project of very experimental paranormal stuff.. The biggest challenge is figuring out which soundscapes  blend together well.. I know how to arrange traditional and even some more exotic electronic sound, but where I'm going next is uncharted territory. All brand new sounds -  it's kind of like scoring for an alien orchestra.   Kind of liberating to throw the rule book away though and try something totally different.