Video Files on Forum ×

Better PX-780 Photos

pianicaman350

Can someone post some better (close ups) photos of the new 780 I have on order?

I can't find the USB port on the front, and was told by my "order taker" that it's "under the keyboard". But where??

Be nice to have a photo of the "back side" to see how the foot pedal cables are routed too. In a slot or held with masking tape? ;)

• Like 1

There is a small section underneath the keyboard where the power supply connects. This also where the USB port is for connecting to a computer.

The 3 pedals connect by a small thin cable which when assembled is clipped along the back side so it is mostly not noticeable. I don't have a PX-780 at the Casio America office yet to get you pictures but as soon as I do, we'll get some up.

But where is the USB port (up front/on top) for a thumb drive????????????? Like the one on top of the 350???

Or does the 780 "not have" an easily accessed USB port for a thumb drive?

Just the one USB port on the bottom???

This may be a deal breaker for me. I don't want to be routing around under the 780 looking for the USB port to plug in a thumb drive.

There are two USB ports, one for connecting your computer. The other for a USB drive. They are both underneath. The one for the USB drive is easy to reach. As you're sitting it is just reaching ahead of your right knee. If that doesn't work for you, a simple USB extension cable will allow you to put it anywhere you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Simplyme...

That's encouraging. I've been told by Casio customer service support that they did not have a date yet, but that they would be shipping by the end of April for sure !!! I've pre-ordered a unit for my grand-daughter and we're getting there in a week, so it would be great if Guitar Center received a shipment by then.

And wouldn't it be nice if Casio put the manual on-line; I prefer to read that way since it is so easy to look up something using a search function.

Hope the piano is to your liking. I've been trying the Yamaha and Casio pianos in the under $1000 price range and I like the feel and sound of the Casio and hope that the PX-780 is as good or better than the current models.

• 3 weeks later...

Finding and reading a PX-780 manual without having the actual piano in front of you will just lead you down the primrose path.

The 780 being so close to the 350 in specks, they will probably share the same manual with a few exceptions in button placement, but those may actually be the same, as I haven't seen a close up of the "screen area" of a 780 yet.  You will find that if they do share most of the same manual, have plenty of aspirin on hand when you try to figure out how to make it work.

Also as a "WARNING" do not play .wav files off the USB flash drive with the 780's volume knob set higher than the 9:00 o'clock position.  You will "over drive" the speakers and may blow the internal circuit breaker and it will go "black" before your eyes.  It will start up again (mine did) when you press the on/off button again.  Use an audio program like Sound Forge to reduce the volume of any .wav files you want to play on the 780.  You will have to reduce the volume a lot to be able to "play along" with the .wav file.

Midi (.mid) files do not seem to have this problem.  But if you have the CD's from the Alfred training books, they have high volume levels for playing on every other type of player, but not the PX's circuits, where they will blow the speakers if the volume knob is not turned down.

I have also recently taken delivery of a new Casio PX-780.  So far, I am very impressed with the sound quality, build quality, and the loads of features and connectivity provided.  With all of the built-in voices, rhythms, and accompaniment features, it is definitely designed to maximize the fun factor!   Let me know if you have questions - I have read the manual from cover to cover, but, as mentioned, you really need to have the piano in front of you to fully understand how to operate each of the features.  Fortunately, most of the operations are pretty simple to understand once you have tried them.  

The USB Host and Device connectors are located on the underside on the unit near the right-center of the instrument and facing towards the right.  The MIDI IN/OUT and Audio In/Out connectors are also located on the underside of the unit near the center of the unit and facing downward.  This arrangement is actually fairly good, as it doesn't require any additional clearance for cables on the rear of the unit.  The only problem is that you need to bend down and use a flashlight to read the labels on the MIDI and Audio connectors to make sure that you connect to the appropriate connector.  Hopefully, you won't have to make these connections very often, and this won't be a big deal.

- Paul

Attached is the page of the PX-780 User Manual that shows the locations of the front panel controls as well as the connector locations.  Hopefully, this will answer many of the questions related to the control buttons and connectors on the PX-780.  It would be great if Casio could get this manual published online so that potential buyers can research the product before they buy.

post-1306-0-09650800-1366741881_thumb.jp