New tones and Rhodes sound on PX-5S

behrooz

Hi,

I really like the Privia PX-5s and I'm planning to buy it very soon. I had a couple of question on how I can download and add new tones to the Px-5s.

I also saw in these videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Hc8XhCP-4 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7nlXtWMk7U

that they are using the Rhodes Sound and I checked the Tone List in the manual PDF on your site and I couldn't find it in the tones list. So I was wondering if that is something that is there or I will have to download it and add it up. If so how can I do that? I mean what is the process of doing so?

Another question??? what all comes along in the box?

Thanks so much

Behrooz

I'm in India and this product is not yet available here. So I can't really try it before buying it. So I'm asking a friend to buy from the U.S and get it for me.

1. So Is the PX-5S well-built and strong enough for long practice hours? 
2. Where can I get accessories like soft case or hard case for the PX-5s? 

3. would any sustain pedal work on the px-5s?

Thanks

I'm in India and this product is not yet available here. So I can't really try it before buying it. So I'm asking a friend to buy from the U.S and get it for me.

1. So Is the PX-5S well-built and strong enough for long practice hours? 

2. Where can I get accessories like soft case or hard case for the PX-5s? 

3. would any sustain pedal work on the px-5s?

Thanks

1. Yes it is a pro-level keyboard.

2. You can get cases from Casio or most online retailers.

3. Most sustain pedals work. It comes with a small one. Many are using the M-Audio SP-2.

• Like 1

To clarify what Scott wrote, any sustain pedal that is simply on/off would work, which is most of them. However, ones that are continuous do not. If you see one that transmits half-pedaling, I don't think it will work.

For cases, there are some threads on here about the cases that will work with it. There's Casio's gig bag, which most Casio retailers carry (usually under the name Privia), and there's the hard case Mike Martin and others use with it.

As far as amplification, it depends upon whether you ever plan to take it out on a gig or only use it at home, and your budget. There are many options. Let us know and we can direct you further.

My personal experience is it's always best to be prepared to amplify yourself at gigs. Many times when I've relied on the house, once the band got going, I could barely hear myself in the monitors. With my own monitor I can control my own volume relative to the monitor they provide for the rest of the band. (Sometimes it's not so much volume as it is having a monitor that's just me pointed at my head, so it hopefully doesn't have to be terribly loud.)