markers

Yes,

And iam starting to make some progress be it in a small way.

Started with a yamaha .sty file, which if you change the .sty to .mid , then loaded into anvil studio and saved it from there as a midi file

You end up with a midi file with all the markers in it. Pass it through the midi to cfk converter and load it into my ctk7200 and it plays great. Still more to experiment with but its a start.

Brian

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Brian

One of the things that makes style conversions a little easier on those two brands is that both Yamaha and Casio default to the GM voice set for most of the style voices in order to save polyphony for the right hand lead part.  Actually the Yamaha defaults to the XG voice set, but that is pretty much the same as GM, for the most part.  I guess I will need to give this a try.  It sounds interesting.

Strogoff

Anvil Studio does not support "markers", per se.  Instead, it uses "cues", which essentially do the same thing, but their use is somewhat primitive compared to "markers" in other DAW software.  See the Anvil Studio "Help" files for setting and using "Cues".  For setting "cues" you will find the "New cue" button in the "Time - Mouse - Duration - New cue" tool bar at the upper left of the various mode panels.  If you are wanting to use markers as shown in those Korg tutorial videos that you posted for Brian07 over in the WK-7500/7600 sub-forum, then I think you are going to need to migrate to a more sophisticated DAW that supports actual "Markers".  It would help to know what DAW they used for those videos.  I have tried to figure it out from the initial screens in the videos you posted, but I do not recognize that user interface.  It may say in the videos, but I can not view them during normal business hours or I will exceed my download allotment and get hit with a penalty.  If I am still up at 2 AM, I will watch them to see if they tell what DAW was being used.  With a little luck, maybe it won't be one of the high end ($$$) ones !  It would be easier to follow the tutorials if we could use the same DAW software that they did.

Yes,

And iam starting to make some progress be it in a small way.

Started with a yamaha .sty file, which if you change the .sty to .mid , then loaded into anvil studio and saved it from there as a midi file

You end up with a midi file with all the markers in it. Pass it through the midi to cfk converter and load it into my ctk7200 and it plays great. Still more to experiment with but its a start.

Brian

I tryed, it works on Anvil Studio and you see the markers(called cue). Normally for that I'm using sty to ckf converter, I must check which is the best way.

Bye

Strogoff

That's great ! ! !     I would have guessed that Anvil Studio would not work for what you are trying.  I know it is a neat little program, but I just did not think it was robust enough (at least the cues) for what you are doing.

Don't worry about where you posted this.  We've all kind of strayed pretty far from Mike's original topic on this.  I just put that in there in case the admins wanted to steer it back on track.

Have a nice weekend in sunny Rome !  It looks like we are going to be back down around freezing again here for the next few days.

Strogoff

That's great ! ! !     I would have guessed that Anvil Studio would not work for what you are trying.  I know it is a neat little program, but I just did not think it was robust enough (at least the cues) for what you are doing.

Don't worry about where you posted this.  We've all kind of strayed pretty far from Mike's original topic on this.  I just put that in there in case the admins wanted to steer it back on track.

Have a nice weekend in sunny Rome !  It looks like we are going to be back down around freezing again here for the next few days.

Today it was raining! Anyway!. Watch the screen shot, I attached: I renamed the pattern Ragtime from .sty to .mid, loaded into Anvil Studio, as you can watch the program has found the markers (cues), very easy. Then you can edit and import as Midi file into Casio converter. May be you can change  the markers name with the Casio ones, but I' try it next time

Bye

post-1584-0-82561900-1395612183_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

The markers are helpful but it is not really required to be in a specific sequence. I have tried the similar thing by converting Yamaha SSF (as Midi file) without tweaking any Yamaha markers. In the Casio converter you could specify for each part the starting bar and bar size and it will convert accordingly.

• Like 1

The markers are helpful but it is not really required to be in a specific sequence. I have tried the similar thing by converting Yamaha SSF (as Midi file) without tweaking any Yamaha markers. In the Casio converter you could specify for each part the starting bar and bar size and it will convert accordingly.

I've noticed that importing some Yamaha stiles on Anvil Studio, may be somebody has an answer! 

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that importing some Yamaha stiles on Anvil Studio, may be somebody has an answer! 

You could rename the Yamaha markers as per required by the Casio Rhythm convertor and sort/order it accordingly which help you to get what you see in the sequencer.

You could rename the Yamaha markers as per required by the Casio Rhythm convertor and sort/order it accordingly which help you to get what you see in the sequencer.

I was guessing that, but I didn't have time to try it. Anyway many thanks.

PS: How I have to call the 11th marker to be suitable for Casio? The other 10 markers are explained in a tutorial but not the 11th one not at all. Many thanks in advance