The Casio XW-Z -MPC Controller Synth

Holy moly!!! And I thought I was a mad scientist photoshopper.  That looks cool! Maybe a little busy.. but I like where you're going. I would trade some of that real estate for a larger color touchscreen. Welcome to the forums... If you haven't joined the XW Facebook group, come on over there as well. Keep the ideas coming!  :)

Holy moly!!! And I thought I was a mad scientist photoshopper.  That looks cool! Maybe a little busy.. but I like where you're going. I would trade some of that real estate for a larger color touchscreen. Welcome to the forums... If you haven't joined the XW Facebook group, come on over there as well. Keep the ideas coming!  :)

I don't currently atm have either of the XW Casio Synths, but I was intreged in what they were capabile of and was considering buying the XW-G1 in particular when they were revealed at Namm 2012. I never got round to getting one, perhaps because I was holding out on a keyboard that would cover all my needs for the right price which I know is difficult. I use Propellerheads Reason 7 & Reaktor and I'm familiar with Nektars Panorama as a Reason dedicated option but there are still aspects and ommisions of it I feel let it down to question buying one. The price of the XW range has been cut by around £250 since the original price of around £450 so I'm very tempted to pick one up very soon. Holding out on whats going to come in Namm 2014 is maybe a wiser option though :-/.

Anyway back on topic, I regulary redesign and create original designs/concepts of both music hardware and synth gui's I think I'd enjoy doing and generally improve my photoshop skills, and once I've done one I'll move onto a new project. I felt the combining of both the XW G1 and P1 added with desirable features was a fun challenge at the time. I did this back around Feb-March 2012 and thought I'd post it here seeing as I heard Casio had something on the grapevine soon. Currently I'm in the process of other projects so don't see more designs of the XW range on the horizon atm.

Thanks guys ;-)

Beam me up Scotty!!! Those two fantasy synth's are awesome!!! I cant help but think if some of the creative people on this forum got together and formed their own synth company The result would be synthesizer's that are decade's ahead of what big manufacturer's are currently producing.

This was still a work in progress version I did  after the first one I posted in my opening post, I didn't really get round to finishing it but thought I'd post it anyway.

Multiple backlit LCD's was something I felt it's needed, where you can use both the G1/P1 features,  I/O docks for phones  X/Y pads to replace the strip kind and a few other things I've added to the mix. :)

Casio%20XW-Z%20%20Silver%20WIP%20High%20

• Like 1

Beam me up Scotty!!! Those two fantasy synth's are awesome!!! I cant help but think if some of the creative people on this forum got together and formed their own synth company The result would be synthesizer's that are decade's ahead of what big manufacturer's are currently producing.

Thanks. :)

Wow. Should increase the LCD size though.  Is Casio reading this.. ?   :lol:

Yeah, it's something I considered doing but I didn't think I'd have much in the way of verticle space without altering the original circutery space and include the additional pattern banks to make it much bigger. It would need a complete redesign with a new LCD similar to that of a Triton size. The wip I posted above is actually slightly bigger than the other two however. ;)

:lol: You do amazing creations. What is the phaso ray? ^_^

Phasoray was a unique and original name I came up with to replace D-Beam which originates with Roland's version. It's basically a laser which performs multiple functions like that of Rolands D-Beam but with an added function button called Pulse Rate.Pulses refer effectively to the switch on / off functionality like a gate system. The Pulse rate button can also be linked to the arpeggio features in the LCD menu's although a button could have been added on the main control panel like Arp Pulse..The height of one's hand changes the note value up and down the scale, the actual height and rate of movement determines the speed of the next note change combined with any assigned effect such as modulation or delays you  perform by methods of wobbling your hand or any object in line of sight..    

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was still a work in progress version I did  after the first one I posted in my opening post, I didn't really get round to finishing it but thought I'd post it anyway.

Multiple backlit LCD's was something I felt it's needed, where you can use both the G1/P1 features,  I/O docks for phones  X/Y pads to replace the strip kind and a few other things I've added to the mix. :)

Casio%20XW-Z%20%20Silver%20WIP%20High%20

Can you do the same thing, but use a Native Instruments Maschine Studio or Mk2?  :)

Loving these concepts! One thing I would question though is having both the CZ-1 and CZ 101 as the two onboard 'synth engines'. The sound generation for both is identical, the CZ-1 is in all essence just a more powerful CZ 101 (with extra features and double the polyphony). I'd like to see maybe the HT6000 as a second synth engine, or maybe even a whole bank of infamous retro Casios recreated.  Imagine having all that at your fingertips :)