PX330 Back-UP

David Loving

I have "back-up" turned on in my PX330.  When I turn the 330 off, and then turn it on, all settings are OK  except for "brightness".  I set brightness to 3 with back up on.   After turning the 330 off and then on again, brightness is always at zero.  I thought back-up is supposed to preserve the settings.  How can I get brightness to stay at 3?

David Loving

• 3 weeks later...

From another topic I've read, apparently you have to save that setting in a "registration" memory. I have the PX-350 and that seems to be the only way it works. There is also a weirdness to the back-up function. From another post I read-something about having to turn back-up off, then on again every time you want to save a different group of backed-up settings. Haven't tried that yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Page 33 in the PX-330 manual has a description for registration store and recall-I have the 350 but it's the same "aaaaaaarrggghhh" procedure. Using the store and bank buttons to select an area and bank number-this is one of the most confusing things about the PX.  So if i want different brightness settings on different instruments or the same instrument, it must go into an individual registration memory, which I must always recall if i want that brightness setting again, with that instrument. I cannot change the brightness setting and have it retained globally-for the entire instrument unless I use the "backup" function.