Strange Irish ish tune

Dude!  I listened to the versions of Follow Me Up To Carlow that you posted, and Sycthian throws the Swallowtail Jig right there in the middle of it the same way we do!  I feel justified, even though there's not an Irish bone in my body!  Both versions are great; it's a nice, catchy tune.  I'm saving them off as we speak.

Gigged with Ronnie Drew?  I'm impressed!

Barack Obama's Irish Family Tree Traced Back to the 17th Century, Shedding Light on Earliest Known Relatives 

Eneclann researchers from Trinity College Dublin and Irish Origins have traced Obama's family history much further back than ever before. Obama's earliest known relative, his 6th great grandfather, was a member of a family of wealthy wig makers who included an Irish politician, Michael Kearney. It was said that 'no man alive was equally fired with ambition'. 

Summary

Much more is now known about Barack Obama's Irish ancestry. His 18th century Irish family were already politically active and ambitious. Our researchers have traced his family back to the 17th century, and uncovered a mass of detail about his Irish forebears. The family were prominent in the business and political life of Dublin City in the first half of the 18th Century. The head of the family, Michael Kearney was Dublin's most successful wigmaker, and even his opponents said of him, "No man alive was equally fired with ambition" in a scurrillous pamphlet in which he was accused of trying to take over the Guild of Barber Surgeons & Periwig Makers in Dublin. The pamphlet further urged the "Black-guards of Town" to pelt him [Michael Kearney] with "Pellets of Perjury". The Kearneys invested their profits from wigs, in property, as the city of Dublin grew rapidly in the 1700s. If fashions had not changed, Obama might not be here: the wig market declined at the same time that the Irish economy weakened, and eventually the family emigrated to the US. 

We were able to trace back Obama's irish roots from a reference in the records at Irish Origins to a property occupied by his great-great-great-grandmother in 1851.

• 9 years later...

Ah yes, Spike Jones. wonderful. Me big fan.  Shows what a drummer/bandleader can accomplish if one is twisted enough....I believe Zappa might have been a bit influenced. Zappa also started musical life as a drummer. I think the shockwaves must do something to one's brain-channels it into something else, like sleeping on a bare boxspring without the mattress.🤫:banghead:

This post piqued my interest, I Googled what Spike Jones used for his repertoire. 

I have to say most electronic instruments do not have said comical sounds, most. 

The concertina/hornpipe is an instrument that could be replicable with hexlayer 

synthesis but requires expression peddle,  I couldn't cause my pitch hearing isn't 

that accurate. Let alone how to apply playing it on weighted key's. How to play it 

would be like a deal-breaker cause what a good concertina to play like long and 

staccato notes , ornaments and swells. would a switch button be needed? or 

uninterrupted stage switching some sort.  

On 9/1/2023 at 4:09 PM, XW-Addict said:

This post piqued my interest, I Googled what Spike Jones used for his repertoire. 

I have to say most electronic instruments do not have said comical sounds, most. 

The concertina/hornpipe is an instrument that could be replicable with hexlayer 

synthesis but requires expression peddle,  I couldn't cause my pitch hearing isn't 

that accurate. Let alone how to apply playing it on weighted key's. How to play it 

would be like a deal-breaker cause what a good concertina to play like long and 

staccato notes , ornaments and swells. would a switch button be needed? or 

uninterrupted stage switching some sort.  

Yes, it is possible to replicate that sound on a synth. However, I am yet to witness something without that techno sound hints. Some says that it can be accomplished with the help of sampling tech.

18 hours ago, Shaunaflynn said:

Yes, it is possible to replicate that sound on a synth. However, I am yet to witness something without that techno sound hints. Some says that it can be accomplished with the help of sampling tech.

Maybe we could try using sampling and A.I to form a generative sound based on this specific instrument, It's a thing nowadays right LOL. 

11 hours ago, Shaunaflynn said:

You have a point. I think AI can do a lot in terms of copying accordion like sounds.

There was an attempt, So I've looked deeper into it and was quite startled specifically not 

about the sound to produce which I have to add is minimal at best. The best and simplest 

comparison would be a diatonic melodeon as a source trying to do this which I did. 

But then came the playing style for the notes couldn't comprehend that at all and how to 

key map to come even close to playing,  First there must be a dry tune of either one-tone

unisonoric or two tones bisonoric. 

And bellow the sound of the tones  means to expand and contract it , I thought well if we

use a velocity to switch between two sounds and use key release too bellow 

The sound by high velocity press to expand and low soft velocity press to contract this ,

or the other way around dunno quite messy. But technically some call it Upper and Lower

dividing both contract and expand. And wanting to use amp on a tone to make it sound like that right

if you know what I mean ?.  this the complicated way I came up with using hexlayer which is the primary 

method in this whole post. 

The other was to bellow the sound on two different octaves, So that  expand has its sound

mapped on two octaves and contract has its sound mapped to two octave based on the 

playing style like left hand to expand and right hand to contract , But having never played 

such an instrument that could be a hassle 😄.  Made quiet a mess for an attempt hahaha.

I'm not worried about the sound of the tone to produce but how to accurately map it to the keys to 

make it playable for anyone.  and there this thing which is called reversal and accidental. 

Lease to say this is more than I can chew and probably for the current hexlayer model as well thinking 

this out , I imagine samples as you've suggested and more then two hexlayer or functions on our current

keyboards ,  an instrument like concertina I think is more for an arranger as well that can handle a one row 

instrument with the peculiarity to play scale , I wish I could help you guys out I'll stick with making

techno sounds and stuff XW-Addict out 😅

Edited by XW-Addict
making sense out of this