Indonesian Nights

jaspeter

File Name: Indonesian Nights

File Submitter: jaspeter

File Submitted: 07 Jan 2014

File Category: PX-5S Other

The attached MP3 is a sample of the tune that inspired me to do this song. I didn't feel comfortable putting it in the "Song Ready" list, since the tune is fairly obscure. I was listening to Tony Monaco - Celebration when this track came on. Due to its lower tempo and cool sound, I wanted to try to duplicate it. This is my take on it, the organ sound is all from this stage setting on the PX-5S (explained below) and the backing track is from my android smartphone running IRealb.

This setting simulates a two-manual organ, with the split point being at middle-C. Here are the settings for each manual:
Lower - Registration 666000000 (sort of), rotary on (permanently)
Upper - Registration 008666000 (sort of), percussion 3rd harmonic, rotary can be turned on and off

The tweaky bits:
Mod wheel - overall volume
S1 - Overdrive
S2 - Percussion decay speed
S3 - Percussion volume
S4 - Lower manual volume
S5 - Upper manual volume
S6 - Reverb
K1 - Rotary Slow rate (not used, since I didn't include a way to switch between slow and fast)
K2 - Rotary Fast rate
K3 - Chorus/vibrato
K4 - Wet/Dry mix
Pedal 1 - Percussion on/off
Pedal 2 - Upper manual rotary on/off (This seems to take two taps the first time you use it in this stage setting, thereafter it functions normally. I haven't figured that one out yet.)

It should operate correctly without uploading the associated arpeggio needed to make the percussion envelope work properly. That still kinda weirds me out, but it seems to work.

Click here to download this file