76-key x50?

Guest Dattaa

How about Casio releases 76-key versions of their PX-150 & PX-350?

I own their 76-key WK-3800 arranger kb. The 76 keys cover 98% of the stuff I play. OK, those extra keys at the bottom and top are handy to have, once in a while, but, unless you're a serious pro-level classical/jazz player, you're not going to miss them all that much.

The benefit, of course, is a lighter, more mobile, less expensive Privia series - takes up less space, less bulky = easier to carry and get in and out of small cars, uses less power so it might be able to be batt-powered! And on and on...

I would love to see a 76-key, AC/batt-powered version of the PX-150/350.

And, while we're at it, why not also release the follow-on to PX-3 in both 88 and 76 key versions?

What do you think? Is this at all an issue for you too?

Dattaa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SonnyDaye

I've been saying that for MANY years! Hope they finally do it. Also hope they make the hammer action lighter. I've bought several Privias over the years and the action is too deep and too stiff for me.

I really believe 76 key versions would sell "millions"!

• 1 year later...

"Get the Saw!".............Moe Howard

Would be nice.......even for jazz and classical. Many classical pieces don't use the full range of 88 notes. And unless you play like Erroll Garner, Bill Evans or McCoy Tyner etc. (I can't) much jazz repertoire could work.

I also think leave off the black keys...would certainly make it easier to learn to play but might sound a little weird also would limit yer repertoiry a little. My sausage fingers keep getting stuck between the d*** black keys :P

Certainly Casio could beat every other 76 keyboard now available-all of which do not have piano actions that I know of. Studiologic has a newer controller with 76 piano action keys, but it looks like the same form factor as the old Ensoniq 76-keys and probably the same weight-(designed by Herbert Hernia) and it's only a controller. And include a PX5s 76 key in this. And make it a full workstation. For cheap. Better stop there.