Video Files on Forum ×

Casio ctk601 volume pedal.

Hi there, I'm using a casio 601 as a midi controller. It works great, however there are a couple of things I'd like to modify, and wonder if these mods are possible. I'm good with electronics.

I've been given a casio vp2 volume pedal, I'd like to use it to send a midi volume signal, however in the assignable jack I only have sustain and soften mode. Can I hard wire it into the keyboard. The actual volume knob doesn't send any midi data.

Secondly, I'd like to add aux in so that I can hear my virtiual midi controlled sounds and instruments out of the keyboard speakers. I've already connected across the volume control to the amp, and I get a good sound from an MP3 player connected. However, if I connect to the sound output from my computer or ipad in midi mode - I can hear the sounds but I also hear a click of the keys sending midi data.

It's a great keyboard and very useable as it is, but these two mods work make it work wonders for me. By the way using hauptwerk and a virtiual midi pipe organ app on the ipad.

The keyboard is in excellent condition and cost me only a £1, so I have little to lose!