PX330 and Neo Ventilator

David Loving

Hello Dave. I have studied the midi implementation chart for the PX-350, which I think is pretty close to the 330. Why? This shows that each "tone" in our PX's has specific effects programed into it-thus different Leslie effects, reverbs, there are even enhancer and equalizer settings with specific tones, how the basic piano, organ and other samples can have varied timbres using the same sample set.  All of which are not accessible from the PX directly-this must be how the other Casios can control individual effects, including the Leslie simulations.

I am working on how to change DSP settings with something external-software or hardware, which could provide the ability to turn off or alter any internal DSP settings we want.  I've played around with the IDES program which I downloaded from Casio Europe and is really designed for other Casios but....I am experimenting to see if the data editor will work with the PX-350. Too bad there isn't a specific editor for the PX and Privias.  I'll post if I have any success. Would be real nice if one could actually program effects, even "tones" and save to user registrations, would make the PX330/350 more like the PX5s or the WKs, certainly give it alot more capability if I can do it, including turning off built-in programmed effects.

Others may suggest just buying a PX5s or WK, but for another 400-1000 smackers or so, I'd rather stick with what I have and I love to hack!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...