Video Files on Forum ×

NAMM Photos, Videos and News from and about Casio

So I shot over 2 hours worth of video at NAMM 2014.  Narrowed it down to about 20 minutes in this video, which attempts to convery the NAMM "experience".

Good overview. Looks like Extra Strength Tylenol and a good set of earplugs were mandatory equipment. Was there any musical instrument that you did NOT see at the show? :)   Flute? Check. Piccolo? Check. Harp? Check. Gu Zheng/Guzheng (Chinese harp)? Check. Guy hitting a wooden box? Somewhere, I'm sure. (Speaking of which, did you see Roland's new V-Box, which all the critics panned because it isn't made of real wood like their classic boxes from 30 years ago?) 

Erik James talks about the PX-5S:

The "new" PX-5S.  Sigh.  Obviously, the word has now lost all meaning.  And no one can argue here that it's new to the NA market or even to NAMM.  And claiming that it's still "new" because it didn't start shipping until last March won't wash either.  "New" must now mean whatever you happen to have regardless of when you introduced it.

New Casio WK-7600:

Lack of sleep must really mess with your head. That guy hallucinated an extra slider on the WK-7600! :)

Did you hear how awesome that steel drum sound was on the WK-6600 at the start of the clip?  Reggae artists are wetting their pants. (Do I really need a smiley here, folks?)

Le petit fromage!

It is correct. CASIO has created a clone. They are identical, but the XW-J1 supports Windows and better sound quality. You correct me if I'm mistaken.

They did not really create a clone. Have a look-see at the bottom of the J1.. it says "powered by Vestax",,, so it looks to be more of a partnership. Same thing with the headphones...

Casio_XW_J1_digitale_dj_controller_front

This type of branded distribution deal is nothing new.. In fact, the reverse type of arrangement was done by Casio with Radioshack. Now that I think back, I think my first keyboard may  actually have been the "Realistic" SK-1..  I can't remember if I bought it at Radio Shack or the record store.. too long ago.. I can barely remember yesterday. 

picture-1.png

• Like 2

This type of branded distribution deal is nothing new.. In fact, the reverse type of arrangement was done by Casio with Radioshack. Now that I think back, I think my first keyboard may  actually have been the "Realistic" SK-1..  I can't remember if I bought it at Radio Shack or the record store.. too long ago.. I can barely remember yesterday. 

Casio did the same thing in Germany, with many of their products being re-branded as 'Hohner' and often in a white case. 

• Like 1