Video Files on Forum ×

NAMM Photos, Videos and News from and about Casio

I will be using this thread to post whatever I can find from Casio at the 2013 NAMM show.

Mike just posted in the FB group that he will be sharing photos from NAMM here: http://instagram.com/casiomusicgear so you may want to bookmark that URL.

2013?

Yeah, he means 2014. Silly Scott. We already know what they showed at the 2013 show.

I'm disappointed
Last autumn saw headphones and DJ Controller. at the exhibition in Moscow. This Vestax the owners of which was Casio (fully or partially I do not know)

Headphones very funny, they can twist anything flexible. But the DJ Controller shown in Moscow disappointed, there was lace only to connect the old version of the Ipad, Ipod, I hope that this is now fixed.

Maybe still will be new? I know that something should be.
Dear employees Casio - certainly NOTHING NEW in it?

I guess you could stretch the definition of "musical instrument" and apply it to the XW-J1 DJ controller. But we already knew that was coming. Headphones, however...

Color me extremely disappointed.

I think it's a good sign. They announced the the XWs at NAMM 2012, the PX-5S at NAMM 2013... now here is NAMM 2014 and we don't have a new pro synth announcement..... hmmm... something huge in the works???? IDK....

And yes the headphones are very cool.. now the decision is go with the white to match the 5S or grey to match the XW?.... Hmmmm.. I think grey!  :)

Well, that at least is directly musical.

I think it's a good sign. They announced the the XWs at NAMM 2012, the PX-5S at NAMM 2013... now here is NAMM 2014 and we don't have a new pro synth announcement..... hmmm... something huge in the works???? IDK....

It means that we likely won't see whatever they are cooking up (and of course they are cooking something up) until summer NAMM, if then.

There is indeed a new XW on the block... but it isn't a synth.. it is the XW-J1 DJ Controller.

I see this vid posted on 5 januari of 2014 I'm staring at it I see the XW DJ and XW-G1 what is the keyboard under the G1 ?

Btw the first few vids of products are appearing on youtube already Korg is one of them .

As for me, I'd be happy seeing nothing new. The xws and the the px5s are still brand new. They need to sell before Casio brings out something else and if nothing else comes out, it means Casio will still be marketing and releasing new stuff for the px-5s like Mike Martin's stage settings and videos. If they release something that bested the 5x, I would have buyer's remorse and all their drive would be put into marketing that. I have only brushed the surface of what the 5x is capable of and I like reading these forums for all the bits I pick up and all the settings, tones and everything else the community post too. A new product would divert some of that. 

Now if they released a xw combo synth, I'd be okay with that because I haven't got one yet and though I'm settled on the G1 but would like the P1 features too :)

Have to say too, I am very interested in the headphones because Casio tends to release products which are quality and pack a lot for extremely competitive prices. I'm looking for a pair of headphones. I even asked on this forum for suggestions so I'll deffo be looking into these. I like the look of the decks but I just have no idea how to use them, wouldn't mind learning though. 

• Like 3