CZ-3000

toon4you

You can buy patches off Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-CZ-1-CZ-101-CZ-1000-CZ-3000-CZ-5000-Download-Sounds-/121140878074?pt=US_Computer_Recording_Software&hash=item1c348f1afa

And you can join the Yahoo CZ group, which has a lot of resources and free downloads:

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CZ-VZ-Files/info

Or play with the buttons and make your own  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

one suggestion i'd offer is checking out some of the books on phase distortion synthesis out there...good recipies and you'd get to improve your programming chops. another thing that works well is to take a vst synth like casiopia (cz emulation) and transpose the settings to the cz...

if you want to know how to do or approximate a particular sound, one thing you can do is ask :)

I used to have 2 softcover books when the CZs first were introduced, forget who published but each page had a full diagram for programming a sound for the CZ-3000 (compatible with all CZs,  I programmed the CZ-3000 with these). I sold the books when I sold the CZ-3000, but not until I had programmed dozens of very interesting sounds. I then purchased another rather large softcover, spiral-bound book specifically for the CZs back when the CZ had just been introduced, created by an independent programmer who had settings for 100s of sounds including some very interesting concrete sounds-many of which were surprisingly good, explosions, bug sounds, UFOs, car crashes, etc. and definitely demonstrated the power of the CZ  phase distortion synthesis.  Sold that book too, was roughly 200+ pages in a small paperback. You might still be able to find these somewhere. Wish I had kept them, would probably have worked with the XWs too since these have all the basics of PD built-in, except the ring modulator a nasty bit of work!