Video Files on Forum ×

PX-350 Track sequencer

Jokeyman123

Need help with this. I'm stumped about the features in the PX-350 "17-track" sequencer.

I have suddenly (after about a week of playing and studying) realized either this sequencer has no editing capabilities at all except punch-in and out and selecting different "tones" for each track or Casio is keeping the sequencer features a well-guarded secret. Or worse, it has none! Except for actually at least recording something.  How do I set individual loudness levels for each track? I'd be happy even with just that. Quantize? Selecting measures? Nothing. I've never owned a music keyboard with a sequencer with no features. What am I missing here? I understand most stage pianos have minimal or no recording facilites typically, but.................

It seems to me this is a serious ommision in design. If anybody here can help fill me in about any of this. The sequencer is almost useless without at least some basic setup or editing functions. Is there some way registration memories can be set up for individual songs?  I can't tell from the manual, pretty frustrating.

It looks like there's no editing functions outside of Punch In on the 350.  Also doesn't look like there's a song mixer for track volumes.  Definitely no quantize.  I think these features are only in the WK models right now.  I guess that's why Casio decided to change the name from "Song Sequencer" to "Song Recorder" in the 350.  Maybe that's their very subtle hint to say it wasn't intended to be a workstation style sequencer.  IDK.

Cr**! Thanks BradMZ. At least it seems to recognize and play midi files correctly. And probably a way to market the PX5s as the workstation for serious onboard arranging functions. Maybe I can dig up an Android app for tablets that can work as a sequencer/mixer, it works with Windows sequencers- I use Anvil Studio, Jazz+. Also looking at some Android apps that might work, but the issue is midi connectivity via the PX 350 usb port or even the midi ports which is still probably a sketchy propostion at best. Only certain tablets have true (but limited) USB functionality and as far as drivers that will recognize any type of outboard music gear I have no idea. Time for more experiments. I really hoped for more than this which is otherwise a very nice addition to the XW-P1. Pretty astounding what can be accomplished with just these two instruments. eBay may be seeing some of my "old stock" soon.

OK Brad maybe I'll hold onto my other keys after all, I create arrangements with sequencers all the time and like the convenience of a built-in. I suppose the design model here was to provide a sketchpad type of song creator, and provide a way to pre-load arrangements for live playing to the user song banks and the thumb drive which isn't a bad design and simplifies things.  Android is not going to be able to interface anytime soon from what I've found except over wi-fi which seems even more complex. Time to get out an old Windows mini laptop and stick with Windows sequencers at least with the PX. Maybe Casio will create (shudder) a firmware update and give us at least a few more sequencer feaures?  Hi Mike Martin, is this possible? and this coming from the guy who pooched his XW via firmware, I'm still willing to wack at it!

• Like 1