Video Files on Forum ×

sd card and new wk 7500

Guest Bill

I had a casio wk 500 keyboard that I loaded recorded songs onto a 2 gb sd card and played back on the wk 500 successfully. I now have a new wk 7500 keyboard that I would like to play back songs from the same card. Is this possible? I can not seem to get it to work. Thanks

Bill

Both the WK-500 and the WK-7500 require all files on the SD card to be in a MUSICDAT folder in order for the keyboard to see them, so that can NOT be your problem or you would have had it on the WK-500, but the WK-500 manual shows that it supports song files with .CM2 and .MID file extensions while the WK-7500 supports song files with .CMS and .MID file extensions. If your songs are in .MID format, then the WK-7500 should see and play them, but if they are in .CM2 format, then I do not think the WK-7500 would see them. You would need to find a way to convert them to .MID format. The .CMS files for the WK-7500 are raw sequencer files, and I suspect it may be the same with the .CM2 files for the WK-500 and due to hardware differences, they are not compatible. I just copied a couple of demo .MID files from a 3 1/2 inch diskette that came with my WK-3800 to the SD card for my WK-7500 and it loaded and played them just fine. They would need some voice and drum set tweaking in order to sound right, but the loading and playing processes worked OK.

Good luck !