Video Files on Forum ×

Jamming with the px-350 ?

aymeric106

Hello everyone, i'd like to know how you would do that ...

I've a music sheet with a chord progression I like.

I'd like to use this progression as background to my piano playing.

How to do that ?

I can use a song preset built-in the px-350 that I like (rythm, instruments, etc), copy it to a new slot and erase the chords and type in the new progression.

Can I do it on a computer with a Casio software ? Because I' didn't look very deep into the manual, but It seems rather complicated to do it on the piano.

Or perhaps should I use something like Bandinbox on my Laptop ?

Any advice ?

Thank you

Aymeric

• 1 month later...

Hello, aymeric106. I think Band-in-a-Box is the easiest way to get a chord progression directly from sheet music to play on the PX-350-it is pretty complicated with the PX-350 using only the internal functions. Typing in chords in BiaB is pretty simple, quick and recognizes any chord quality there is. Alot easier to track the entire arrangement on a computer screen.

I've connected my PX using both the back USB port and the midi DIN 5-pin ports, and both work no problem with Windows XP and 7.

You could also simply "comp" your chords live and record just one track with any midi sequencer using any sound or midi channel you want, play that back into the PX, or even do that with the audio recorder, if you just want to record one track for chords only and won't be using the internal preset rhythms. BinaB will of course create an entire arrangement recognizing your chord chart and play this through the PX, without using the internal PX "rhythms".

If you want to use the internal rhythms it gets more complicated. Make sure you turn off "accomp midi out" in the PX midi settings group while recording your single chord track, otherwise you will be sending out the full backing arrangement to your sequencer which will record everything as a midi file which you also might want to do while you play your chords. I'm not sure but I think the PX internal rhythms will auto-sync with midi files played from a computer, maybe not. Sounds complicated, only because there are several ways to do what you want. If it were me, I'd just pick a BinaB built-in arrangement, edit or create your new chord progression to play through the PX, and done.