Video Files on Forum ×

Bass patches on the PX5s question

pax-eterna

Or simply run a line out of your PX into your PC audio interface, start up a PC sequencer set up an audio record track then start recording - you can change as many patches as you like on the PX whenever you like as the PC is taking care of the recording :)

What cable would I need for this? usb? or by audio interface, do you mean the mic port?  

Does audacity count as a PC sequencer? Because that's all I have installed at the moment.  

I'm new to all this.

Audacity is a audio recorder.. just a computer version of a tape recorder. For that you will need to run a cable from the audio out of the PX-5S to the audio in of your PC.  The mic/line in jack  would work but the quality may be dodgy.  An audio interface is usually a better way to go.. the one shown below is just one of MANY MANY options out there. 

fasttrack_pro_v2008.jpg

• Like 1

**********Sorry. moot question now, it has no transpose button on the front panel. I do backing for drop in singers and a transpose button (yeah I know I can do it in my head) but live it needs to be seamless.

Thanks in case anyone looks at the thread.

Does anyone know of any demos (apart from those ridiculous ones from "pianomanchuck") I did ask Mike in another thread about whether Casio can get anything decent into it for bass patches, but I think it may get buried and it was really not the right place. So I made a separate thread.

The bass patches are pretty much all that is stopping me from buying one as I am sold on the keys side of it. But the basses (from what I have been able to glean so far) are pretty ordinary. JMO of course so please I am not trying to offend anyone. I am used to the bass patches on the Motif XF to give you idea of what I would like to get close to.

I did ask at "another" forum, but it's like the text version of a blank stare LOL!

Thanks

hmmm this "apart from those ridiculous ones from "pianomanchuck" sounds a bit offending for me ,,,of cours e i think pianoman chuck is doing a good contribution to the people in here and outside...with his videos...i would not call it ridiculous ,,,,,not your style,,,,

• Like 3

• 2 months later...