Video Files on Forum ×

"Using the arpeggio type selection screen to select the recommended tone as the zone part tone" (please explain)

dc2k

"Using the arpeggio type selection screen to select the recommended tone as the zone part tone"

That's a heading under the arpeggio section in the manual.

It tells you to hold down the bank button in the arpeggio selection to accomplish this.

Can anyone explain what it means? What is a zone part tone?

oh cool. That was a great idea. It really makes a big difference listening to all the types of arpeggios.  

One thing was throwing me off but I think I have it figured out.

I was playing with the 'daft punk talk' sound setting (a download here) and the arp was set at #100.

Using the bank button here put the gm piano tone on zone 1.  

The manual says, for user arps, pressing bank should put whatever tone was in zone 1 when it was saved into zone1. 

I'm guessing though, as this arp was saved as part of a sound setting and not a dedicated arp save I can select otherwise (without saving it), then doesn't hold true and for some reason gm piano gets placed in zone1.

I'm still getting to grips with hex layers but it looks similar to how a lot of stage settings have hex u 050 saved as the tone on zone 1, where this hex tone doesn't exist outside of the stage setting.  

I'm going to be asking more about hex layers later :)

Thanks for the help for now!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...