Video Files on Forum ×

Casio / Hohner Models

Prepared to be astounded as I reveal that there was even an SK-200 available!

DSC_8568.jpg

I have an SK200, one of the stranger ones of the SK line. Has some great preset sounds as well as sampling of course. Some of the "synth" presets sound really good with some reverb and a touch of chorus 

• Like 1

I have an SK200, one of the stranger ones of the SK line. Has some great preset sounds as well as sampling of course. Some of the "synth" presets sound really good with some reverb and a touch of chorus 

Nice - from what I understand the samples are saved when the keyboard is turned off. Big plus. Looks like a cool little keyboard!

Apparently Casio also made keyboards for Radio Shack. Back in 2000ad as far as i can tell.

http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/radioshack_md1700/

Casio 1630 (76 key) = Radio Shack MD1700

http://www.casio.com/products/archive/Digital_Pianos_%26_Keyboards/Workstation_Keyboards/WK-1630/

Radio Shack also carried a version of the CDP-100 they called the DP-4073 (I have no idea where they got that number). I had one. I got it when they closed them out for $300, I think. After I got my PX-3, I managed to sell the DP-4073 for the same $300 amount!

• Like 1

• 9 years later...
On 2/5/2014 at 2:52 AM, Jokeyman123 said:

CTK-640 with the samples-one of the first I used in my school music programs-kids loved the samples, I designed lessons around it! CZ-1-went from the CZ-101 I got from taking a music technology course, to the CZ-3000 and finally the CZ-1, complete with the rom cards and huge RAM cartridges that needed AAA batteries! A load of fun, spent hours programming and saving sounds. Sold years ago on eBay. had nice key actions too, very solid feeling for spring-loaded. Heavy metal cases (except of course on CZ-101) were really nice.

Interesting that Hohner had this collaboration with Casio, since they pioneered making accordions and harmonicas. (How do you know someone is a gentlemen? He owns an accordion and doesn't play it). My brother's joke-figures he's a bass player. Not sure what that means.

The collaboration between Hohner and Casio is indeed intriguing, especially considering Hohner's rich history with accordions and harmonicas. Your brother's joke about gentlemen owning accordions but not playing them is a humorous take, particularly tying it to being a bass player. The world of music is filled with such delightful anecdotes.

P.S. That joke on the last part is a good one.

I had forgotten, the most famous Hohner-the clavinet-made famous by Stevie Wonder as in "Superstition" and many other "funk" style players of the time. A very interesting instrument-for which vendors are now charging insane prices for the originals. It wasn't that good, not 4000-5000 dollars good in today's US market!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clavinet