Video Files on Forum ×

Casio / Hohner Models

NOTE I moved this from the NAMM thread so we could have one dedicated to the "Casio / Hohner" model  :) 

Casio did the same thing in Germany, with many of their products being re-branded as 'Hohner' and often in a white case. 

Yes! I know about the FZ-1 sampler being rebadged as Hohner HE-1.. I didn't know there were other Casio/Hohner products as well. Any info you have on other products, please share! 

IMG_0226.jpg

Hohner HS2E, appears to be the Hohner version of the VZ10M/ VZ8M, which was the rack version of the Casio VZ-1.

Hohner_HS-2e.jpg

A Hohner version of the Casio VZ-1 ROM card.

hohner_hs-2e_rom_2.jpg

Hohner HS1E - Hohners version of the FZ10M/ FZ20M (Casios rack version of the FZ-1)

Hohner-HS1E.jpg

Hohner KS-61, Hohner version of the Casio HT3000 (very few pics on the 'net. Maybe this model is very rare?)

$T2eC16FHJHoE9n3Kd4W+BRgsKQv9hw~~60_35.J

• Like 1

But the Honer has that cool "Apple White" look.   :D

Pfft, they look more like something out of a bathroom accessory catalogue being all white! Plus white gets grubby so quick, which doesn't look cool!

I much prefer my Casios with the dark cases. The VZ-1 just looks so sleek, understated and stylish in black, and the CZ-1 looks futuristic with the coloured parameter keys contrasting with the black casing. The CZ, like the MZ2000, looks like it should be on the control deck of a spaceship!  :P

VZ-1

1_totale.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

Casio-VZ.jpg

CZ-1

Casio-CZ1-C.jpg

%2524%2528KGrHqR%252C%2521i4E1Mm6cPIEBNh

4119467657_13efdff332_o.jpg

• Like 1

I must say that one pic of the CZ-1 has left me drooling.  As much as I like these XW's with their plastic case I would love love to see them make a full metal model.  Something about the look and feel of cold metal makes it seem more pro than plastic. I like seeing the AC power plug on the unit and like the Caution label. 

• Like 1

Please just stop it don't you people know how hard it gets when you reading stuff like this and hunger for more strikes you finding stuff like this 

And

Yeah if I where standing before one off them I would get greedy grab what I can and scream

"ITS ALL MINE AND NONE OF YALL CAN HAVE IT NOOOOO"

• Like 3

CTK-640 with the samples-one of the first I used in my school music programs-kids loved the samples, I designed lessons around it! CZ-1-went from the CZ-101 I got from taking a music technology course, to the CZ-3000 and finally the CZ-1, complete with the rom cards and huge RAM cartridges that needed AAA batteries! A load of fun, spent hours programming and saving sounds. Sold years ago on eBay. had nice key actions too, very solid feeling for spring-loaded. Heavy metal cases (except of course on CZ-101) were really nice.

Interesting that Hohner had this collaboration with Casio, since they pioneered making accordions and harmonicas. (How do you know someone is a gentlemen? He owns an accordion and doesn't play it). My brother's joke-figures he's a bass player. Not sure what that means.

• Like 1

Please just stop it don't you people know how hard it gets when you reading stuff like this and hunger for more strikes you finding stuff like this 

I reckon I can make you, and many others, hunger for the Casio/ Hohner HT/HZ range. They go for peanuts, yet have some great digital/ analogue sounds and features:

HZ600:

HT700:

HT6000:

:D 

I wonder how a re-issue of classics like the CZ-101 or CZ-1 would do?

The only thing that keeps me from hunting for old gear from the 80s is the fear that any minute they will STB.  :huh: 

Pfft, they look more like something out of a bathroom accessory catalogue being all white! Plus white gets grubby so quick, which doesn't look cool!

I much prefer my Casios with the dark cases. The VZ-1 just looks so sleek, understated and stylish in black, and the CZ-1 looks futuristic with the coloured parameter keys contrasting with the black casing. The CZ, like the MZ2000, looks like it should be on the control deck of a spaceship!  :P

I hear you, when I ordered my Maschine Studio I had the option of white and I went with the black for the very same reason.