Controlling tone onset/trigger

BrettM

Is it possible to control the onset/trigger timing of a tone? I'm thinking of a situation in Performance Mode (or maybe hex layer) in which one key press triggers different tones that are slightly staggered in their timing, i.e., the attacks start at different times. This would allow greater experimentation with the harmonics of different tones, or maybe even the same tone.

On the PX5s, using a DSP Delay on a single layer in a hex tone can delay the trigger of a note by an adjustable amount by running the effect fully wet with no dry in the mix.  IDK if the P1 has the ability to disable the DSP effect for certain layers of the hex tone.  I'm thinking it cannot.    

Also, although not nearly as detailed timing wise, the arp could be used to delay a note by programming the first step silent and the second step as the triggered note.  Just some thoughts. 

Mild delay is a good suggestion. I've just discovered another method, at least on the G1, using the sample looper. Record the desired tone in the sample looper, leaving a second or so of silence before playing it, then adjust the user wave start point parameter to control the onset timing. Seems to work.

More generally, it would be nice to have another envelope parameter called something like "init time".

• Like 1