Layer/split function on the Wk-7600

Thanks for the info! That´s quite frustrating, along with the complex mixer! I´ve purchased this keyboard because i´ve experienced some problems with my lovely WK-3500! Apparently the problem is in the main board! So i had wanted to buy the WK-3800, which is quite similar to the WK-3500, but i didn´t find this model here in Portugal! Due to scheduled gigs with the band that i play, i´ve been «forced» to buy the WK-7600! It have great sounds, interesting features, but doesn´t have the «Tone with wave» (sampler) function that i use to play Mellotron sounds and it´s very much difficult to use than the Wk-3500! :(

• Like 1

Brian

I did  a Bing search and came up with several sites that had Mellotron samples for download.  I was going to see if the 7600 had any tones that could be tweaked to sound like a Mellotron, but there were so many samples available that I didn't know where to begin.  I don't know if Paulo is looking for Mellotron organs, or strings, or brass, or some of each.  I guess he will have to work that out for himself.  Maybe he would be a good candidate to rack up an XW-G1 above his 7600. :D

Hi, tnicoson!

I have the Mellotron samples from the «Mike Pinder presents The Mellotron» cd-rom. The samples are in Akai format, so i had to convert them to .wav, use the Goldwave and Nero Wave editor to cut and loop them and finally the Casio Wave converter to play them in the WK-3500! Normally i use the famous 3 violins and smooth/church organ sound from the MK-II Mellotron. You can notice this in many covers that i did like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN_3MU9MD7Q&list=PL9EBCEDBF1F779340&feature=share

All the best wishes!