Video Files on Forum ×

Is This Possible?

sus4

Well, I just received my PX350 today and am really getting in to it.

Is this possible in the split mode?

Can the volume be adjusted on any one side?  Either make the right lower or left louder or vice versa.

I didn't see anything pertaining to that, but you never know, but maybe it's not written in the manual just like the turning the sustain off on the left side

in the split mode.

Thanks.

Welcome to the PX-350 club. Owning the PX-350 too (and an XW and a few other non-Casios)  i have been trying like all get-out to access various PX-350 functions through MIDI with not alot of success. You can read some of my (overly-long) posts about my work here. Casio support has not been forthcoming so far about accessing CC numbers through the MIDI ports,  to change volume levels like the PX-5S with zones-I've been trying to do that with the song recorder track levels which has 17 tracks, but no mixer controls or editing functions for it. I tried to vary the split volume by accessing the "layer", song and accompaniment volume settings hoping for a hidden function but nope. Short answer is no, it can't be done. Long answer-if I know how the 350 responds to CC messages controlling volume in a split and in multi-track mode it can be done with an external controller-I'm trying to do this with a Nanokontrol, an Alesis A25 controller and software, but not having much success. The IDES editors don't seem to work on the PX-350 either.  Any contributions here will be re-imbursed by the man who takes care of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. ;)

How would the $119.00 plus shipping MIDI Solutions Pedal Controller work to control the left hand volume on a split?  I have a topic started on the PX330 threads.  Our bass player is out for a few weeks and I played left-hand- bass.  The bass was too loud and I could not turn it down.  That started my investigation.

Is it possible that Casio would or could create an upgrade for this "problem" and offer it as a download for our keyboard?  It doesn't sound like a very difficult thing to program.

WOW.  Wouldn't that be great?

Is it possible that Casio would or could create an upgrade for this "problem" and offer it as a download for our keyboard?  It doesn't sound like a very difficult thing to program.

WOW.  Wouldn't that be great?

Pretty sure the way the jack is wired there is no way to program  continuous control. MIDI seems to be the only solution. There are  a few options, one being the MIDI Solutions pedal mentioned above.. another is the FCB-1010 pedal array.  

Scott, you may be right, but it seems to me it's a software issue not the way the jack is wired.  I had a previous post about turning off the sustain in the left hand in split mode and it could be done even though it's not mentioned in the manual and that's a software issue.  They could do the same thing by programing in "lower volume in left hand in split mode".

I have emailed Casio technical support 2 times about the possibility of adding a few features to the PX firmware and have not gotten a reply yet. I also asked for a few features for the "song recorder", specifically a track mixer at least. It's in the WK and CTK OS so maybe.....Since this split level control is not there (I didn't even notice something I take for granted on many keyboards) maybe I'll send another email to see if anyone can at least give some tech info to support what we'd like to see. 

If I can come up with a solution (still grappling with CC messages) I'll post.If a split is on different MIDI channels and I can control the levels independently with the Nanokontrol or some type of external control although I haven't been able to access the PX with the Nano yet, I'll post. Midiox is giving me sysex info to work with, I might solve this problem but unfortunately only through external software. I don't own a Behringer controller so I can't say if that would work either. Might also be possible with an XW as an external controller but who wants another keyboard just to control a split unless it's a regular part of your rig anyway. If I could re-adjust levels for a split in software, this might be something that can be stored in a "registration" which would be one solution. Registration stores split, split point and layer balance so again this looks like something to be added by Casio firmware so I'm probably barking at the moon at least for now.

I just called Casio and spoke to a support person.  He said it's possible to lower the volume in the left hand.  He said first go into Layered mode and when you have your two tones selected you lower the volume in the second tone.  So if your second tone is a bass you could either raise the volume or lower it.  Now here's the part where he lost me because we had a bad connection and when I called him back it was the same problem I couldn't understand every thing he said, but he said after you have your two tones in Layered mode and you lowered one of the tones you go into Split mode and that's where he lost me.

What he was suggesting was that once you "adjusted" the tone in Layered mode and then went into Split mode the volume would be adjusted.  I've been trying to get this to happen, but as far as I get is the Layered mode.  When I go into Split it all changes.

If there is anyone here who can figure this out that would be great.....or maybe someone here can call Casio and speak to a support person and understand all this.

>>>

What he was suggesting was that once you "adjusted" the tone in Layered mode and then went into Split mode the volume would be adjusted.  I've been trying to get this to happen, but as far as I get is the Layered mode.  When I go into Split it all changes.

<<<

i just checked the manual.  What it says is that, if you set the "Layer" volume, and go into "Split" mode, the right-hand keyboard plays _both tones_ of the layering.  Presumably, the "bass" tone would be softer in the right hand -- but it would still be there.

I don't think that's what you want.

.                Charles

PS -- yeah, they should have put a "split balance" item in the "Volume" menu!

Right-I checked this out too. No way to change the volume balance in a split. If you change the balance in a layer yhis is retained in auto-accompaniment mode on the right side of the keyboard, and you can lower the accompaniment volume in relation to that, but that doesn't help if you want to play a monophonic part with the left hand. There is no way to isolate accompaniment parts played live from the left side of the keyboard. If that were possible.........but it isn't. I wish I knew if splits and layers are controlled on seperate midi channels but the midi implementation doesn't say.  Still trying to gain access to control these levels with software or hardware. No luck so far. If I can, I could reset levels per midi channel, maybe save in a "registration" memory. This would gain control of splits and accompaniment part loudness levels, like most workstations. Would be nice, I'll keep trying.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My workaround on this :. Send two lines to the mixer , eq one line with lots of bass, the other with very little bass, plug an insert cable into the channel with most bass and run to a volume pedal. Pan the tracks straight up and you now can control most of the bass volume with the pedal. Glad to hear Casio addressed this in later models

• 2 months later...