Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI both together?

teknoman

Hi there,I'm,new to the forum,but I'm 63yrs old been playing synths off and on since the late 70,s. I recently got back and both g1and p1 .dumb question,can I midi them together? And could I run the output of one into the audio of the other as a6oscillator then feed it back to the other?thanks!,,,, teknoman

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forums! Sure you can MIDI them. You need a 5 pin MIDI cable. The cable goes into the MIDI OUT of the "master" keyboard and into the MIDI OUT of the "slave" keyboard. In the settings there is a place to set the MIDI sync so the drums and arps will line up. 

As far as the audio goes yes you can do that as well - use audio in as an osc. I haven't played around with this much tho. 

It seems like a lot of people have both XW models - maybe Mike could do a special clinic for those who have both showing how to do these cool things. 

Scott's pretty much got it covered as far as MIDI is concerned, but I'd like to add that it's also possible to slave one keyboard to another using only the USB connections into a computer running a MIDI routing program like the JACK Audio Connection Kit.

Also, as far as feeding audio out from one to the audio input on the other, it would work one way, but if you tried feeding it back into the originating keyboard, you run a hell of a risk of creating a speaker blowing feedback loop.

I haven't actually tested if it feeds back or not, but I wouldn't even risk my speakers trying it out.

Gary