Video Files on Forum ×

Mixer in performance mode

BrettM

With the mixer in performance mode, can I use sliders 1-4 as faders for zones 1-4? I am able change the volume (and other parameters) of each zone independently/monophonically, but can I do it polyphonically in real time? I seem to be able to do this OK for parts 8-16 while in the step sequencer, but I can't get it to work for parts 1-4. This would be very useful for fine tuning sounds in performance mode. There is something called “solo mode” in the mixer, but it makes no difference whether it's on or off.  

With the mixer in performance mode, can I use sliders 1-4 as faders for zones 1-4? I am able change the volume (and other parameters) of each zone independently/monophonically, but can I do it polyphonically in real time? I seem to be able to do this OK for parts 8-16 while in the step sequencer, but I can't get it to work for parts 1-4. This would be very useful for fine tuning sounds in performance mode. There is something called “solo mode” in the mixer, but it makes no difference whether it's on or off.  

In performance mode to mix the volume of  zones you have to assign the knobs to do volume adjustment by going to the controllers setting when you edit the performance patch. The mixer does directly or globally change volume for each channel when you're in Performance or Step sequence mode,

However when in Step Sequence mode only the channels directly assigned for S.Sequence can be changed while you in that mode not for Performance if you are in Performance mode then you can change the volume of all channels.

Solo mode if I'm correct that is what you mean is the first channel mostly used for the Solo Synth which take also the DSP for itself when in performance mode when you have selected all zones to use DSP setting individual volume for each zones then can't be done they all use the same level of volume unless you undo DSP for that particular channel from a zone. 

The assignable knobs can be used to mix the volumes of each zone polyphonically in real time in performance mode, but shouldn't this also be possible in the mixer? Then the assignable knobs can be used for other things. The mixer works this way in the step sequencer, but not in a performance.

By "solo mode", I was referring to "solo mode" as mentioned on page E-68 of the P1 manual and page E-79 of the G1 manual, not the solo synth. These pages suggest that "solo mode" is available for all channels 1-16, i.e., zones 1-4 in performance mode as well as parts 8-16 in the step sequencer. Which means that "solo mode" can be switched on to sound a part monophonically, and switched off to hear the part polyphonically in the whole mix. I can't seem to switch solo mode off during a performance and mix all four zones polyphonically.