Video Files on Forum ×

XWs on the Cover of Keyboard Magazine

Super cool, those xw's show no sign's of slowing down. I could be wrong ,but it seem's like the xw's keep growing in popularity. 

I think you may be right! Not sure if Mike can disclose, but I have a gut feeling sales are picking up. I think the PX-5S REALLY got the spotlight on Casio... so people are starting to take note of what a great value they are. Case in point, I would not have go a G1 if I didn't get the PX-5S first. Casio wasn't on my radar until the PX-5S... 

Where can I read more about the Award the PX5S gotten?

There's not really any write-ups that I have found... Here's the jist of it:

"At the 2014 NAMM show in Anaheim, The Music & Sound Retailer will present the 28th Annual Music & Sound Awards. As you know, a Music & Sound Award is the industry’s most prestigious award, and the only award based on a poll of every American dealer and manufacturer; it is the only award that is NOT selected by an editorial board or influenced by advertising revenue."

The list of 2013 winners is here:

http://www.msretailer.com/msr/manufacturersales-rep-winners/

Also worth noting, the XW-P1 won that same award (Best Keyboard / Sound Module) last year... so yeah - Casio is back.   :)

• Like 1

Wow Scott, I didn't know the xw-p1 won that award too.  

Yup!  :) 

The XW-P1 has actually won 4 HUGE awards in the last couple of years:

- Electronic Musician’s “2013 Editors’ Choice Awards for Affordable Synth Awesomeness”  (yes that is a real award!)

- The Music & Sound Retailer “Best Keyboard and Sound Module Award of 2012.

- Keyboard Magazine Keybuy Award

- NAMM Best in Show 2012

These awards all given by music pros not the general public - so they know what the P1 represents. I know I am preaching to the choir here but when you think about what you get in a $500, 12 pound package it's kind of crazy.  Solid sounds, unique sequencing, drawbar organ mode, MIDI controller, etc, etc, etc, etc,... And the thing will run FOREVER on D-cells...   It's a no-brainer.  :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...