Video Files on Forum ×

Electronic Music

Hello guys this is not really a full song its just a small phrase, but its still music :D. Im into dance music, well really any kind of electronic music, so i've been trying for the longest time to make chorded synth lead sounds that sound thick and full like what you hear in the radio without having to sample one from my other equipment.

I think i came pretty close to something here. What do u think? I dont have a trained ear for sounds so plz critiques are welcome. This is only one of some of my creations in my G1, my attempt at hex layering w/out one lol.G1 Perf Sound.wav

• Like 4

Thanks!

I selected the tone MelowSawLead and turned the cut off all the way up, then saved it as a new user, then on performance I selected my user MelowSawLead on zones 1-4 (all of them). Then

Zone 1 = Octave -1, Fine Tune=12  Rev Send=40 Cho send=48

Zone 2 = Octave 0,  Fine Tune=-12 Rev Send=80 Cho send=0

Zone 3 = Octave 1,  Fine Tune=7    Rev Send=80 Cho send=0

Zone 4 = Octave 0,  Fine Tune=0    Rev Send=80 Cho send=0

Now this is very important with these type of sounds i noticed. Using the Master equalizer crank the 'High' all the way up. I left it at 8.0 KHZ since i dont know what that is for lol.

Optional: you can play with the release on one of the K-knobs to make it sound even fuller depending on the situation. Also Fine tuning zone one from 12 to 25 and zone 3 from 7 to 14 can sometimes sound awesome depending on the tone you selected to do this. I use the set up above as a template for other tones when i wanna make big synths. Enjoy!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The G1 is an amazing machine and you really can do almost anything wow. I keep finding new ways to do stuff every day with its sampler. Just amazing. Do you know what a launchpad is? You can turn the right side of the keys on a G1 into a mini launchpad and play samples like you would on a pad. Im actually working on that right now. And i thought i needed to buy a launchpad silly me! The multi-function key is the best thing that has happened to me as a musician.

Also i recently sampled my Alesis QS 8.2 sounds into my G1 and it sounds just as amazing, and i can manipulate them in a way i never could in my Alesis cuz the G1 is that much easier to use  :D

• Like 1

Oh wait actually i forgot to mention that you can do this sound on a P1 as well. I think your P1 also got the MelowSawLead tone. The only thing you wont have is the multi-function key for effects or sample play. 

You have the hex layer at your disposal tho so you can save 1 zone for it and make something even more amazing like a real time morph into something else. Oh boy actually im gonna go now do that on my P1.