Video Files on Forum ×

Moving a Hex Layer to a different Zone

SonnyDaye

I'm trying to add a drum loop phrase to a performance.

Drums HAVE to be on Zone 1, right?

I want to use Dave Weiser's "Ray Wurly " as the main sound. It appears to be a Hex Layer located in Zone 1 of a Performance.

And I believe Hex Layers have to be in Zone 1 or 2.

So, apparently, my only option is to put the Drum phrase on Zone 1......but, how do I MOVE the Ray Wurly sound to Zone 2 (to free up Zone 1 to hold the Drum Phrase)?

I suspect part of the problem is my inability to completely understand the relationship between Sounds and Performance.

In the Ray Wurly Performance, Ray Wurly, in Zone 1, appears to be a Hex located in Hex:U:191. I assume that that sound is somehow affected by the Performance that it is within. But, I just can't grasp why I can't take a sound out of a User slot and use it in any other Performance, because when I try to put the Sound "Hex U:191" into some OTHER Performance it doesn't sound like the Ray Wurly Sound anymore.

This all sounds like "double-talk", but it's the best I can do to explain what I'm trying to do and my trouble understanding the process.

I'd really like to understand all this, but at this point my head is starting to hurt and I'll settle for a workaround for what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this! :D

Hey Sonny.  You just need to load the hexlayer into zone 2.. you will probably need to save it first...as it was probably just put the Stage Setting and NOT saved as its own user hexlayer.. it is confusing.
I would use the data editor to do this:

Load in the Stage Setting Ray Wurley into the editor
Go to Zone 1
Have the hex layer
Go to Zone 2 - load the hex layer in to there.

If you are still having trouble I will make a little video for you.  :) 

• Like 1

Hey Sonny.  You just need to load the hexlayer into zone 2.. you will probably need to save it first...as it was probably just put the Stage Setting and NOT saved as its own user hexlayer.. it is confusing.

I would use the data editor to do this:

Load in the Stage Setting Ray Wurley into the editor

Go to Zone 1

Have the hex layer

Go to Zone 2 - load the hex layer in to there.

If you are still having trouble I will make a little video for you.  :) 

Thanks Scott. I'm in the editor, I'm on the Parameter Edit screen, in the Zone tab. I see the hex layer in Zone 1 and the various other zones with their assigned sounds.

I can't figure out how to move the contents of Zone 1 into Zone 2. Also, I assume I have to move the contents of Zone 2 OUT of that Zone before I can move the contents of Zone 1 into it? Am I missing something obvious? I don't see any way to drag things on that screen.

• Like 1

Hi Sonny, 

Here's what I would do.  Save the hex tone to a user slot.  To do this,click on the Zone 1 Tone tab so it shows.  Then go up to the blue bar right side and click the save button.  Use the one that looks like a computer chip to save it to the PX.  It will then show the memory locations and allow you to pick the spot to save it to.  The floppy disk button saves to the computer but I wouldnt use that for this.  Next, click on the Zone 2 Tone tab.  Click on the tone name button and choose the tone you just saved from the hex user list. 

• Like 3

Hi Sonny, 

Here's what I would do.  Save the hex tone to a user slot.  To do this,click on the Zone 1 Tone tab so it shows.  Then go up to the blue bar right side and click the save button.  Use the one that looks like a computer chip to save it to the PX.  It will then show the memory locations and allow you to pick the spot to save it to.  The floppy disk button saves to the computer but I wouldnt use that for this.  Next, click on the Zone 2 Tone tab.  Click on the tone name button and choose the tone you just saved from the hex user list. 

Thanks Brad....that did it! Now I see I'll have to make a few adjustments, probably because of the ORIGINAL zone and slider settings that don't jibe with what I'm putting together now. I should be able to figure that out. Thanks again!

• Like 1