Video Files on Forum ×

Hey Pop

I trow patches away lately to much because I don't like how they sound and that a stupid thing deleting them by accident is one thing 

but just because they don't sound nice enough ridiculous on my part. So I test or edit them again and again to find out their soundscape .

I've found a nice combo of Korg Microstation and the G1 and put it on the test used the Circuit Bend solosynth in a performance patch to see what would happen cause i've done nothing in using Solo-Synth with PCM. My project planned was to make a performance patch and slowly recreate the sound from it into a Solo-Synth if that would be an better option having a better sonic blend It has not worked yet due to my inexperience creating synth sounds.

But hey while trying things out this song came out of it.

https://soundcloud.com/clay-louis-petty/hey-pop

And a version here for download that to see how mixing works all is recorded on my four track the Korg did the drums the melody riffs and Bass are yes from the G1. you can either listen to this version or the sound cloud one there is not much difference only then the mixing. 

Hey Pop (LR mix).MP3

• Like 2

How I dun it well.

I created a Performance patch from PCM Tone P:294 VA syn-SqBs2  and Circuit Bend1 Solo patch this last

patch is available for download .

Then I've used the Osc Block and Total filter to adjust the Solo Synth while in Performance mode  

To get that bass it was a bit of slider adjusting to find this particular bass sound  it I've could save the setting

but I've figured what the heck I can do it again. And on the G1 you can directly adjust the solo synth params

using the sliders.

I mainly did the last three parameters from Total Filter adjusting the Solo synth and the LFO, I also played with

Osc Block to fine tune.

I've then assigned Cuttof, Resonan, Release and Eq Mid Gain to the knob so the bass can be more off that oomph

After that I lowered the Octave to -1 on the synth itself not in performance mode.

It took me a few try's to get that Bass sound it happened because I though lets mix a solo synth and PCm sound

together and play with it off course you realize I went nuts. Later I added an (edited) Shanai and Steel guitar  to the 

patch as sound effects it worked out pretty well.

I made two patches the RazorS_Bass and Radius_sparkle  

Added the new Circuit Bend2 patch which is actually an edition of the first one.

Available for download.

(P.s Work in Progress) 

• Like 2

cool stuff- my only critique is that at different parts in the song there is a lot in that c3 octive range (or so it sounds to my ear)

it may be worth thinning that out a bit to help your leads stand out a little more.

your sound selection would stand out a little more if you strip the arrangement down or focus more on counterpoint between the lead sounds in that range

keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Thank you all I'm trying to make the best of my XW experience since I have it and enjoying it so much, With my music hobby expanding I'm realizing so much more then I ever expected. Lodger ty it was a bit much layering about eight sounds mostly dominated at c3 and c4 I did not know what I had until I've stared to record the bass and drums on one track and the sparkle patch on another and so forth.. Heheh I knew the new changes where not ready so I called it version 0.01 Instead of letting the korg do the drumming I wanted to make a fully edited drum kit on the G1 but that would take weeks :). To bad my time for musical leisure is becoming a bit less due to work I'll have only time to practice ah well maybe I can create new tunes to play.