What key octive do you load samples to play across the keyboard?

Rusty Krash Baxter

From this forum's information, I found out how to load the samples on the XW G1 to play them across the keyboard. I have 2 questions on this.

On another vendor's product, you make one sample of C3 from the sound you want to reproduce and load it on the product's C3 keyboard key to play the sample across the keyboard so it is in tune. There are 5 samples loaded on the XW G1 across the keyboard, apparently one sample per octive, that are loaded to places across the keyboard. It looks like there is one sample per octive and XW G1 automatically does the pitch change within that one octive.

1) Which XW G1 keyboard key is each of the 5 samples loaded on? I assume the same note for each of the 5 octives but to be sure I'll ask question 2.

2) Is it the same note for all 5 octives? 

Thanks

Well it depends If you use five different sounds of samples for each C key like drums, Or five samples from  let say Piano with each having their own key pitch assigned to the C key's.

The link above is for the  manual part for loading and assigning  but you can also download the G1 editor and do it directly from the Pc or Mac.

Try out some of BradMZ samples you can find on the download part of this site for the G1.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/category/11-xw-g1/

• Like 2

What?  I heard my name.   :D

1) Which XW G1 keyboard key is each of the 5 samples loaded on?   2) Is it the same note for all octaves? 

There's a default note per split which I forget at the moment but you can find out where the sample in it's original form is mapped to by going into split editing and looking at ORIGINAL KEY.  You can from there change it to whatever key you want.  It's totally flexible.  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replys with info and helping me figure out where to look.

Here is what I think I understand now:

The 1 to 5 samples per user tone are loaded into one of 10 possible user tones 200-209.

The 1 to 5 samples are loaded into the synth using the DataEditor application.

So digging into the user tones 200-209 using the EDIT button:

* on screen 1/3 I selected 'Split Edit'

* under here I can choose S1-S5 using the PART + - keys (looks like the 5 samples and how they are setup, where loaded, zone played, etc.)

* For a sample 'Split zone' area like for S1, screen 5/5 OriginalKey looks to be the key the sample is loaded on & KeyRangeHi is the highest key of the zone to play this sample & screen 4/5 KeyRangeLow is the lowest key of the zone to play this sample

Now I am going to dig into the DataEditor manual to see what info I can find in there.

Thanks everyone for the help

• Like 2