Video Files on Forum ×

Split Volumes

David Loving

Thanks so much, Scott.  If it's a MIDI thing, kindly let me know how to do it.  I already use a KorgNano, 1st generation to control instruments in Kontakt5 from a Macbook Pro.  What kind of MIDI controller would I need.  The Korg Nano is all usb and won't send messages to a PX (no in bound slot) , that I know about.  Further - is this an issue with the PX350, PX150 or PX5s?  I'm getting down to deciding what to purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dave just noticed this post-tracking midi data out from my PX-350 with midiox I found splits send on midi channels 3 for the left side and whatever channel you set for the master midi channel out on the right side. Without trying this yet I think the only way to control respective loudness levels would be through a software mixer function, the PX responds to midi volume change per track/channel with smf midi files. I can of course vary loudness for each channel with a midi file playing through the PX from software, but not a handy way just to control volume levels in a split. Too bad this can't be added with a (shudder) firmware update, along with a mixer function for the song recorder (the 330 has one too I think).  I've also considered the old JL Cooper Fadermaster connected directly to the DIN midi ports but I don't have one and not sure it would work. It would be real handy if it did. Anyone out there with a Fadermaster, not easy to find.

• 2 months later...