Video Files on Forum ×

What's your favorite grand piano?

maarkr

I loaded a new stage setting into 0-0   :blink:  I thought I was loading it into 9-9.

So instead of loading the stock 0-0 grand, I was wondering what others had for their favorite?  Looking for a nice, full impressive sound... 

OH, and how do i load the old 0-0 back in if i don't have the zpf file for it?  I have the orig zal file.. can i load it from that without loading all orig presets?

Dl'd most piano/grands and liking the ConcertD2.  Thanks for the link Mike... I couldn't remember where it was.  Between he Facebook and Casio posts, I can't keep them straight.

HI Maarkr check my Downloads!

I have made the ConcertD2 and the Nord2GrandEcho  you will find them into the download section...

i have switched my Home from Italy to Germany so actually i am a bit offtime programming the Beast ;) but i will be back soon...

i hope you like my Grand Piano Patches...

p.s maybe also try MVGrand..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm a newbie, so take this for what it's worth, but so far I find the GrandRhodes2 to be amazing.  I volunteer weekly at our local hospital in the Complimentary Therapies department and much of the music I play is therapeutic in nature.  The GrandRhodes2 is a bit much for the hospital venue, so that is where HerbiesRdPhz comes it.  It is a bit lighter, and very sweet.  But at home, I find the GrandRhodes2 is on much of the time. 

For my grand piano sounds, I have become smitten with GrndConzrtD1.  Very full and rich.  I like it a lot.  I also like the Nord2GrndPad and The_Pianist2  in those situations where I want a big bottom end.  But when I am not playing the Rhodes, I find that GrndConzrtD1 is selected.  GrndConsrtD1 and GrandRhodes2 are my favorites two weeks into my journey with the PX-5S.  That's my story.....

Oh, why did I wait so long to buy the PX-5S......?????

ok i love the concert D2 as mentioned above. i took some of the other piano sounds and simply edited the master eq to match the D2 and that seems to be what makes the difference. So i suggest people try changing the master eq to equal the D2 as a base point to mod off.

It depends on the D2 have played with the EQ on the other Pianos i have tried to make some undelaying stuff to simulate .resonance or hammer or deeper bass and other stuff it is a matter of hearing and like it or not ...so i think every patch has to be your personal like it or not patch ,,,,

here are some tipps for using the EQ,,,,,,

Instrument What to Cut Why to Cut What to Boost Why to Boost

Human Voice

7 kHz

Sibilance

8 kHz

Big sound

2 kHz

Shrill

3 kHz and above

Clarity

1 kHz