PX-5S: Pink Floyd's On the Run

Mike Martin

Shameless post, but this was pretty fun. My iPod decided to play this song yesterday so I had to give it a try on the PX-5S.

Pink Floyd's On the Run. One Arpeggiator is in use for the main note pattern and simultaneously doing the hi-hat on the same zone, nothing else is sequenced. This is two zones on the PX-5S with different elements on different keys. All sounds are raw waveforms with pink noise used for the high hats and mixed in with the "helicopter".

Not bad for a "piano". ;)

• Like 4

Mike, I take back any badmouthing I may have done of the PX-5S. That's an unbelievably good cover of Floyd and I can't believe it was done without any sequencing. :o

BTW, if you don't mind my asking, how long did it take to set up the voices, zones and arps for someone who knows what he's doing with the hardware? And could a setup like that be saved to registration memory for use anytime one wanted to?

I'll make the Stage Setting available for download.

I worked on it a little on Wednesday, listened to the track and did some research on it yesterday and finished programming it last night. It wasn't done in one sitting so it is hard to estimate. Maybe 90 minutes?

PS. I think the XW series can probably pull off the main note sequence quite well. I'll try to do this on Monday.

I'll make the Stage Setting available for download.

I worked on it a little on Wednesday, listened to the track and did some research on it yesterday and finished programming it last night. It wasn't done in one sitting so it is hard to estimate. Maybe 90 minutes?

PS. I think the XW series can probably pull off the main note sequence quite well. I'll try to do this on Monday.

looking forward to see how you do this on an xw...

• 4 years later...