Mixer+Sampl+Multi-Func=win

Zergmazter

Hello everyone

I just wanted to share this info for those of you who didnt know. On the G1 on a performance you can use channels 5-16 as zones (kinda) when using your multi function key!!! You can use your zones 1-4 to make a very phat sound of your choice, then go to mixer while on performance and assign other tones to channels 5-16.

While this isnt anything new, however in the G1 you can use your multi-function keys to play those channels as a zone using the 'Note' tool to select the channel (for example channel 6) and the key you wanna play on that key stroke.

Yes i know nothing out of the ordinary yet, but let me finish  :) . You can assign those channels to play sampled wave files from the User banks U:200-209 of your choice (Even chords modified in audacity). The possibilities for this tool are so many...

All I did was mess with my factory Performance U:0-1 and i noticed those crazy sounds from my samples coming out of those channels i never used before on my keys, then reverse engineered it  :D

Enjoy playing with this tool. Im sharing this cuz i had no clue about this and i've owned my G1 for a year  :o. It saved me from spending lots of money getting another tool to do this kind of thing, and i hope it can do the same for some of you.

Lesson learned: Explore my G1 before buying another product. It probably can do it  B)

• Like 2

Arrrgg replace channels with Part. I meant PARTS as my synth states. Also if you plan on sequencing becareful with parts 8-16 since its those are sequencing parts, and changing the tones also changes the tones for your sequences unless your sequence was meant to play with those sounds you selected.

Those channels can play considering the G1 samples, phrases , arpeggio's or drums. You also can switch to other performance patches in real time assigning a key to change to a specific patch. Switch or trigger other DSP effect Eq you name it. 

Lots of control is possible to program you're patch with its really big :)

• Like 2

The G1 is really mind boggling to the possibilities.  I continue to hold to the notion that it is a seriously underrated and overlooked keyboard.  With performance mode, it's possible to dump every bit of the sample memory available into one sweet muli-sampled instrument tone.  I call them modular tones.  Or, using a drum set, you can put up to 50 samples on the keys at once.  Or, put samples into solo synth tones.  The P1 can't do any of that.    

So far, I've focused on the sampling aspect of the G1 since that is a feature I always wanted in a keyboard and this is my first to have that.  I have dabbled with the step sequencer and solo synth and performances.  I really need to start putting it all together.  

The multi-function keys are something I have noticed in the presets and I like but I haven't yet reached the point of using that feature.  Something else on my list.  As well as phrases and arpeggios.  The PX5 has spoiled me with arpeggios though.  

• Like 2

Whoa whoa Brad what? 50 samples on a drum set up???!!! Omg yet another thing i didn't know... I was like 'nah im not big on drums', but if i can use my 50 samples on a user drum, that would mean i can do what i also do with my MF-keys with a single tone, and save my MF-keys for other actions WOW!

• Like 1

Editing a drum set instrument, you can choose from user waves at the very end of the list.  Another plus,  up to 4 user waves can be assigned to each key.   They will be velocity switched when you set the upper and lower velocity limits for each.  Here's the cons -  user waves in a drum set take a small hit in sound quality.  They will be mono and never stereo.  Also, the 4 waves per key won't allow more than 1 wave to sound at a time.  And of course drum sets can't alter the pitch of samples in any way.