Video Files on Forum ×

Splitable Midi Files for PX-850?

ledgerat

Hey,

I just got a PX-850 and am enjoying using the preloaded midi files to learn some new songs, especially with the option to 'split' the midi file an only hear the right or left hand, while I practice the other.

My question is: I've uploaded a few midi files and they were 'unsplitable'.  Is there any type of file (either .mid or .cm2) that will do this, and will the PX-850 allow this from user loaded content?  or is this just special to the preloaded songs?

If it is allowed, any idea where to find these type of files?

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks

Ledgerat

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this will help, not sure what you need exactly, but I use "Jazzware" a Windows/Linux software sequencer which will load any .mid file and keep it all in one channel (type "0" file) or split any parts already in the file to seperate tracks and midi channels (type "1" file). So for split parts, you can mute or unmute each part but you'd have to do this with the software connected to the PX-850 first, save the file with your changes and use and load it into the PX-850. maybe not what you needed. I also discovered, at least with the PX-350, 'splits" default to midi channels 3 for the left hand and 1 or whatever midi channel I set for the right. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're willing to have a computer/laptop hooked up permanently to your keyboard, plenty of software will do that for you in realtime.  For example, I use PianoBooster (open source, free) and it has the option to play left hand, right hand or both for any MIDI track.