How Do I play Back a WAV Audio File from USB Stick on AP-650?

Go to solution Solved by Jared Beaney,

Hello

I saw a video from Jared Beaney of Casio Australia on youtube  for AP-650&.  at end of video Jared  plays a backing track wav audio from a USB Stick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSC9Ygzg_VI&list=PL1fIySn8DGiry9W0JTWHhHF7mj3mDBSWe

I have some wav audio tracks Ive generated with Band in A Box , I want to playback on AP-650. Can you please tell me where on the USB stick Jared stored his demo wav file , which folder. and what was your sequence of keys pressed on the AP-650 to play that particular file you demoed.

For example, for Midi Files to playback  ,I know you place in midis in the USB stick "play" folder , subfolder 'A" thru "D"

thanks in advance for your assistance

stephen

Charlottesville , VA USA

www.swingkats.com

cleardot.gif

• Solution

Hi Stephen

The WAV files need to be placed in the "Audio" folder on your USB.

They also need to be named "TAKExx.wav" with xx being numbers from 01 up to 99

You may find the audio files you've created will need to be dropped in volume by about 20-30% for them to be at a reasonable volume to play over the top of when playing back through the AP-650. Unfortunately on this model you can't control the volume of the audio file playback on the piano, so you'll need to have this set before hand.

To play the Wave file:

1) Have USB plugged in

2) Press the AUDIO RECORDER button as many times as needed until the light is solid (not flashing)

3) While holding the FUNCTION button, press the AUDIO RECORDER button

4) Use the Up/Down arrow buttons to choose which file you wish to play - the numbers here correspond to the last two digits of the file name (TAKExx)

5) Press Play - away she goes!

March 13

HI Jared

thanks for your reply and the very useful tips. I can comfirm that bass & drum backing tracks I made with www.pgmusic.com Band In a Box 2014 (BAIB) as wav file do work with the method you just laid out . I did have to reduce the volume of the BIAB  wav file by 6 db (using adobe audition or freeware audacity editor)  so that the backing track does not "down out" the piano sound from the AP-650. Also with Jared's instructions make sure first to have your "rhythms/music library" button #13 with the music library led light up, BEFORE you do Jareds instructions, so you will be able to choose your BIAB wave files which you have renamed TAKE01.WAV , etc. that you want the AP-650 to play back .

Thanks for  your help & I am really enjoying using the AP-650 as I discover more of its features.

many thanks

Stephen

www.swingkats.com

• 7 years later...

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your reply. I canged frequency to 44.100 and now it works properly.

I have another question for midi songs.

I play midi songs from a usb stick. Is there a way to mute the piano midi track directly from the Ap650?

Thanks and regards

Edited by Jano
Wrong word