What Genre of Music?

What style of music do you do?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What genre(s) of music do you use or purchase your XW for?

I've voted 'other'. I know there is a 'pop' option, though I feel that 'synthpop' is a genre all of its own  - think Human League, Gary Numan, early Depeche Mode, Thomas Dolby, Howard Jones, Blancmange, OMD, Soft Cell, Ultravox (both John Foxx and Midge Ure versions), John Foxx (solo), Flock of Seagulls etc.) This was/ is my major influence on the style of music I play. Additionally, I also like a lot of soundscape type synth music i.e. Vangelis, Jean Michel-Jarre, Adrian Wagner, Kraftwerk (who could also come under 'synthpop'). Then I also like more traditional bands that had heavy use of synths such as Rush and Duran Duran. Quite an eclectic selection!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok this may be weird, but 70's country sounds.  Wynn Stewert's "It's such a pretty world today" had a pedal steel guitar that sounded like a twelve string/theramin. Now that sound is something.  Ya but I like Klaus Schultz or some Amon Duel II sounds. Maybe that ambient organ that can be heard on Spirits "The Twelve Dreams of DR, Sardonicus" I know the XW P1 has the power.  

• 1 month later...

New P1 owner and my first post. Not sure how far I'll take it, but I hope to do some ambient, and proggish type stuff with my new toy. However, I gig with both country and worship bands (or wherever the money takes me), and I've had a chance to take my toy onstage for both of those venues just to see how it would fare. So far so good. Of course for gigs it's a secondary board. 

Tone painting. Mutant bizarre stuff. Jazz from hell. Found sounds. Look at my avatar, what did you expect? :) But seriously aside from all that, I have no idea where I'll be taking this thing. Hopefully things that have never been heard before. I'm winging it. Been playing with 12-tone stuff. Might fit well with this orchestra in a box multi-purpose play-doh kind of keyboard that is the XW. Infinity with a keyboard attached.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I'm a singer songwriter I always like having a good ep sound behind my guitar and a good piano but I love pads and soft synth leads.

The px5s was on my list but I got the xwp1 because of the jam factor. The extra of the drawbar organ sounds and the fun factor.

It is fun and a great tool for helping create new sounds to work with.