PX-135 appeared metallic overtone. Need your opinion

aleo_ego

I don't have the px-135, I use the px-350 which uses the same tri-hammer action. Not sure about the piano samples I think they are the same. Certainly doesn't sound natural or correct.

Based upon listening-sounds as if only part of the sample is being accessed on certain notes or "phase cancellation" is happening here-as if 2 unison notes (or piano samples) are clashing slightly out of tune with each other at the same time. If you are playing/recording through a software sequencer and the PX-135 local control is on, local control of midi must be off or you will be triggering 2 notes at the same time creating a midi loop. The px-350 has a setting for this using the "function" "midi" buttons. If I keep "local control" on and have the PX connected with midi through software such as Ableton or similar, this is what it sounds like since the keyboard is playing a note and your sequencer is 'echoing" the same note through the midi cable.

If this isn't it, I would check with tech support since mp3 definitely doesn't sound right to me especially in the middle register. Either key sensors are not hitting right or something electronically is not scanning the samples correctly (not a very likely problem but could be).

Would like to have heard this by directly recording the headphone output and not a microphone.  It mostly sounds like Casio's normal piano samples to me and seems like they are triggering by velocity correctly.  The only thing that does sound out to me is at 1 min 40 secs where a buzzing sounds is heard.  Not sure if that's mechanical vibrations from the cabinet of the piano or not.  Also sounds like one of the brighter piano tones and not the default concert grand.  The piano Casio sampled has a very tacky metallic sound in it's highest velocity and no cutoff filter applied.  You can clearly hear this on the PX-5s when calling up the raw waves in hex layer mode.  

Here's the PX-5S 4th piano layer.  BTW..the mp3 encoding added odd artifacts to my recording. 

sample.mp3