Video Files on Forum ×

PX-3 error "NOT SMF01"

Guest Cristian Mendiola

Guest Cristian Mendiola

Hi every one!

There is the problem:

I just buy a Privia PX-3 and a 2Gb SD card according with the Privia's user's guide and formated the SD card on the PX-3.

Then I downloaded some easy songs from the internet (http://www.gmajormus...freebiesFP.html) and place them in folders within the SD Card (I have a little girl learning piano).

Then I used the procedure described in the page E-40 from the User's Guide "Playback/Card" and every song sounded gereat.

After few rounds and a change of intruments (in the keyboard, buttons 20 to 27) the error "NOT SMF" began to appear, even in the files that had played well before, except in the first file in each folder, weird...

Then I extracted the card and placed on the piano again on the piano but the problem persist.

Then I turn of and on the piano and the problem got fixed...

The thing is that this happens on an stage situation it could be an terrible thing.

Please some one can poivide any explanation or work aroun to avoid this this problem happens in the future?

Thanks in advance,

Cristian

P.D.

Pls excuse my english, I'm just learning...

I've just had a couple of brain farts upon revisiting this topic.

1) The PX-3 is an older machine and hence the limited max 2 GB capacity of the SD card. Now if what you are using is a SDHC card, it may not support the newer technology. You may have to try and find an old fashioned 2 GB plain, ordinary SD card and not a SDHC.

How old is your keyboard if I might ask?

2) A logical workaround if you want to play MID files on the keyboard is to hook it up via USB cable to your computer and use MIDI player or sequencer software to play the tunes for your little girl or on stage.

• 1 month later...

Hi every one!

There is the problem:

I just buy a Privia PX-3 and a 2Gb SD card according with the Privia's user's guide and formated the SD card on the PX-3.

Then I downloaded some easy songs from the internet (http://www.gmajormus...freebiesFP.html) and place them in folders within the SD Card (I have a little girl learning piano).

Then I used the procedure described in the page E-40 from the User's Guide "Playback/Card" and every song sounded gereat.

After few rounds and a change of intruments (in the keyboard, buttons 20 to 27) the error "NOT SMF" began to appear, even in the files that had played well before, except in the first file in each folder, weird...

Then I extracted the card and placed on the piano again on the piano but the problem persist.

Then I turn of and on the piano and the problem got fixed...

The thing is that this happens on an stage situation it could be an terrible thing.

Please some one can poivide any explanation or work aroun to avoid this this problem happens in the future?

Thanks in advance,

Cristian

P.D.

Pls excuse my english, I'm just learning...

Christian,

I downloaded two files, Mary Had a Little Lamb and Au Clair de La Lune and placed them in the MUSICDAT folder, I then used card player to play these files, switching between them. I then altered between Master Control mode and Card Player mode to change sounds, and to play the files. I am afraid that I could not replicate your problem. My PX-3 is one of the original limited edition models so I do not know if the firmware is different,

if you would like me to try anything else then please let me know.

Regards

Will