Mike Martin

Updating the XW Firmware

Version 1.11 is the latest firmware for the XW-P1 and XW-G1.  The update process requires your computer.  The firmware and instructions are located here:
http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=20

Here are some things to remember.

• Do not interrupt the firmware update in any way. 

• Powering off the XW during the process will damage it permanently.  If you are worried about the power going out, putting batteries in your XW is a good precaution.

• Disable any virus protection, this can interfere with the Updater

• Do not run other applications on your computer while doing the update.

• Launch the Update tool BEFORE and put your XW in Update mode BEFORE connecting the XW to the computer

• If the update seems to stop during the process DO NOT power off the XW.   Please wait at least 10 minutes before doing the following
    • Do not touch the XW
    • Close the Updater application on your computer
    • Disconnect the USB cable
    • Restart the Updater Application.
    • Reconnect the XW keyboard to the computer
    • The Updater should resume.
  • When complete your XW will restart automatically
  • Like 4

Just to clarify, the firmware itself is not new, but the instructions and warnings are new?

Just to clarify, the firmware itself is not new, but the instructions and warnings are new?

That is correct.  To see what firmware you have installed, press the SETTING button and scroll down to INFO on the second page.  If you do not see the INFO option then you have version 1.00 installed.   Version 1.11 improves the MIDI Sync and timing of the instrument. 

Yknow what I'm too old,too scared to do any of that young folks stuff.my firmware will stay"firm"and "where"it,s at.

• Like 1

Yknow what I'm too old,too scared to do any of that young folks stuff.my firmware will stay"firm"and "where"it,s at.

Lol, come on, it's not that bad. Do it with me! Besides it will be good for when more important updates/fixes come into play. That way you're not dragging behind trying to update to... I don't know, let's say update 13.4.5.

-make sure no applications on your PC are running

-unplug the USB cable from your synthesizer and power down

-power on while hold "Power" "Edit" and "Write"(It will say "Update mode" if done correctly)

-while the "Update mode" screen on your synth is up, plug in the USB again

-Now, on your computer, launch the update application and let it finish

Ba-bing! Were good till the next update :)

• Like 1

HELLO

I NEED HELP PLEASE !!!!

I make this update and now the xwp1 doesn't know anythings.I mean ,I turn on the power,the screen is work but nothings is write.And for turn it off,power doesn't work,I have to plug out.

What can I do ?

Thanks for answer.

It's fried!  It has to be flashed by the factory to fix it.

Send it into Casio Authorized Dealer for Service.

Nothing else you can do.

Gary

Thank you for your answer.

I'm sad.I got it since 10 days and I order I by internet.All was fine before this.

Do you think I have to buy something for send it and for repair it .

Thanks for answer

Thanks anyway

Contact the company you bought it from.  Different countries have different consumer protection and they may be obliged to provide an exchange or a repair.

If that doesn't work then you will have to send it back to your Casio distributor for a warranty repair.

Gary

I contact Casio,and now I'm waiting for a date,then will come take it for repair.They won't exchange,they told me Casio wasn't made it anymore.

Hello i m a newbie just got my xwg1 and am réally amazed and thrilled about it i went thru this forum and réally round good vibrs from all the users a big up to you alĺ i havnt up dated my keyboard i would like to know what is the différence ? Is it Worth it i already réally Love the sounds but i still have to Check out the book havnt figures out the sampling part or how to érase what is played wrong or how to record long part on seperate tracks réally all this is So fresh much to learn il loving it ;) peace to you all and great hollidays !!!

First of all check the existing firmware on your P1.  I'd be surprised if it's not 1.11 already.

As for the need for the firmware, it's always good to have the latest version with all the bug fixes but the change from 1.10 to 1.11 mainly concerns MIDI sync and timing if you plan to use it with a computerized DAW or another MIDI device.

If the version is older than 1.10 then you DEFINITELY need to upgrade to the latest firmware.

If you do decide that you need to upgrade the be very careful following the instructions to the letter and make sure you have no other programs running and that your virus scanner is disabled.

Failure to do so has bricked more than one XW-P1.

Good luck and Merry Xmas ;)

Gary

Casio bring me back my P1 and seems all is working well.

Very good forum.Thanks for answer.

Happy new year !!!

• Like 2

XW-G1 firmware update on Win10: is it possible? 

I cant update the xw fw, on win 10. Any idea, why? 

Thanks in advance. 

Джек Американец, 
Ты по русски говоришь ? :)

On ‎17‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 11:57 PM, Jack Russian said:

XW-G1 firmware update on Win10: is it possible? 

I cant update the xw fw, on win 10. Any idea, why? 

Thanks in advance. 

Yes i did it a week ago, went perfect!

Disconnect your internet, anti-virus software, don't run any other software and follow the casio update conditions.

I walk away and after 10 minutes the keyboard was up again and showed version 1.11 in the settings.

I have windows 10 version.

Regards,

Frank

• Like 1

On 2017. 08. 25. at 6:05 PM, Frenq said:

Yes i did it a week ago, went perfect!

Disconnect your internet, anti-virus software, don't run any other software and follow the casio update conditions.

I walk away and after 10 minutes the keyboard was up again and showed version 1.11 in the settings.

I have windows 10 version.

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

I did it with my neighbour's pc. He has still windows xp. :)

Thx for your reply.