re manuals/tech support

bodisattva

Well at least I got responses to that post! I received none to the below post, in which I've included the original date. So, no, this forum has (so far) not been any help to me either.

I've had experience with tons of manuals, from Roland to Yamaha, Moog, etc., etc.

I have yet to see worse manuals and/or tech support.

Insulting Mr. Martin was neither implied nor intended. He and every employee of Casio that I have dealt with were at all times quite polite. They just didn't help me. Mr. Martin may very well be too overworked to assist everyone. Which illustrates precisely the point I was making. What I stated about Casio's tech support stands. On calling their self-proclaimed "tech support" number, I was never once able to receive any assistance from anyone there. No one there had the faintest idea (to put it kindly) of what I was inquiring about. When given the phone number of what everyone at Casio tech support referred to as "the expert", I also received zero (practical) assistance.  This was the individual who (eventually, and with what sounded like some embarrassment), admitted to me that he did not even have access to an XW-P1.

If y'all call that "tech support" , then you inhabit a different planet than I do.

Here's your chance - any replies to the question posted below?            

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

HELP! I'll describe what I'm trying to do and what's happening:

I've saved a (user) solo synth tone and a (user) performance setting, both of which I want to use in the same song, at totally different times.

What I want to do is start the song using (only) the saved user/solo synth tone during the intro.

Then during a break in the song, I use the wheel to switch to the user/saved performance, which I want to use for the remainder of the song. This performance utilizes a different (user) saved solo synth tone for zone 1, PCM organ tone for zone 2, and a PCM piano tone for zone 3. All zones utilize different parts of the keyboard with no overlap.

Well, what's happening is that when I switch to the "saved" performance, instead of the solo synth tone on zone 1 which should be there as part of the saved performance, I get the OTHER saved solo synth tone on zone one; the one which I had been using for the intro!!!

If I play the intro, push the performance button (switching to my saved performance) and THEN toggle the wheel to the adjacent performance, and then back again to the one I'm wanting to use (before the part of the song that I want to use it on comes around), up pops the correct solo synth tone that I saved with the performance. And all is good. But if I use the saved solo synth tone, then push the performance button, even though I saved that performance with a totally different solo synth tone, it puts the first one in zone one.

\

All the other saved tones/zones in the saved performance function correctly. Just the solo synth in zone 1.

Any ideas on why this is doing this???

It's driving me bat crap crazy.

Thanks

First, regarding your post about Casio's tech support having access to a XW-P1 you're incorrect.  To clarify, at Casio America, we have a room with ALL of the current products and several older products.  Our tech support does not have IMMEDIATE access to an XW-P1, they have to leave their desk and phone to access the product.

Regarding your question, perhaps you're not getting a response because people are having a hard time following your description of the issue.  Is sounds like you're switching between Tone and Performance mode, although you don't say that specifically - but you mention pressing the Performance button which implies that you had left Performance mode.

The solution and the way the XW-P1 is intended to be operated is to stay in Performance mode.   You need 2 Performances, one for when you're just playing the "intro" and one for the other part of the song.  It isn't mentioned but are you using the Step Sequencer in either Performance?  If so, the stored mixer settings of the Step Sequence can change the tone used on any zone. 

As an option you can post your ALL file here on the forum so we can all look at the Performances themselves and determine specifically what is happening.

• Like 1

I'll start by saying I don't own a XW-P1, I have a G1. My answer may not work.

Have you setup and saved 2 user performances that fit your needs?  Is this what's malfunctioning?  Or, are you switching from tone mode to performance mode?  If it's the latter, I wouldn't do it like that.  Use 2 performances and switch between those during the song.  

Edit:  Mike slipped an answer in and the forum software didn't notify me of the new reply added.  Arggghh.  Mike wins again.  lol  

• Like 1