manuals/techsupport-response

bodisattva

First of all thank you very much Mr. Martin for your response. It has made clear the problem I was having. I don't believe it was covered in the manual, or if it was, the unintelligible mess that is the manual made it impossible to locate. 

I do find it telling that it took 6 months to get a response, and apparently only upon swearing never again to buy Casio products. You insinuated that the lack of response was perhaps because I poorly worded my question, but you didn't seem to have the slightest problem understanding it. (!?)

As to my statement that Casio's "expert" did not have access to an XW-P1, that was a true statement, not false as you claim, and I do not appreciate being called a liar.

Perhaps your company should hire some "secret shoppers" to see just how well your tech support section actually works.

Upon calling Casio's tech support number given on their web site, and finding staff completely unable to answer (any!) questions relating to the XW-P1, I was told, more than once, that they would research the issue, and get back to me. They made a big show of taking my name and number, and no one ever called back. This happened three times, before on their fourth attempt, I stopped the pretense of giving them my number.

At that point, I asked for the very best person they had on staff. The person who could answer the questions that no one else could. I was given the number of their "expert". (Their choice of words, not mine.) His name was/is Sal @ 973-361-5400 x4339.

He was very personable and polite, and was completely unable to answer any of my questions, and expressed true sorrow at not being able to assist me. And he did, in fact, tell me that he did not even have access to an XW-P1.

It is not my intention to insult or disparage anyone. Everyone I have dealt with at the company has been wonderfully polite, and with the exception of you, Mr. Martin, 100% unable to answer a single technical question posed to them. I simply wish it to be crystal clear to Casio why I will no longer purchase their products. My next keyboard will likely be another Yamaha.

Thank you for your time.

Mike is correct.  I did not understand the question from Oct, which I first saw yesterday.  I had to read it several times in order to make a best guess.  I hope my effort was appreciated.  

Also, I think the forum admins as well as the rest of the user community would appreciate it if responses to a thread were made in that thread. Just a friendly tip to help. 

Popcorn-emot.gif

Dear administrator,

I think this thread, which is in much the same vain as the previous ones bodisattva recently started in which he likes to sound greatly put upon, proves that he has a single agenda here. I hereby withdraw the offer of support I made to this individual, who doesn't even have the courtesy of replying to others in the same thread (which is why I'm addressing you instead of him - what would be the point?). After he voluntarily leaves in frustration that no one can make sense of his posts (I guess we're just not smart enough) perhaps you will consider doing a minor cleanup. It worked wonders last time.

PS. In the spirit of bodisattva's multiple threads in which he effectively replies passively to something said in another I will comment here that there is another possible reason for people not replying to his October question, besides the convoluted way he asked it (perhaps he expected everyone here to be MENSA members). The reason could well be that no one knew then (and likely do not know now) the cause of that particular problem. In that case the answer to his direct question would have been "No." Since that isn't very illuminating or helpful people chose not to reply at all. The same thing has happened to me here. Did I get all pissy about it?

Of course, the above explanation is too simple so it can't be correct. It MUST be because of Casio's incompetent technical support. I don't care what anyone says to the contrary. Now please excuse me while I admire the size of my brain in the mirror. :D

Yeah, I've owned Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Casio products over many years... I've had many questions over many years and do you think tech support can answer them all????  I can't even remember calling tech support unless it's a hardware issue that I'm thinking the machine may be broke. Has user forums answered them all???? If you get impolite and impatient people, let them complain and buy another product... then they will buy everything on the market and still not be pleased.  You can tell I don't work for customer service.  If u want to buy a highly technical product, expect it to be highly technical... and you can't write a manual to cover everything. if u want something easy to use, spend less than $100 and there u go!