teknoman

EDM ?why just that

For me when I add this to both my xw,s,I intend to use for everything except EDM.Well I won,t say that,but what happened to experimentation ?As electronic musicians it,s our duty to explore and annoy.then again that's why we are casio owners.

I am very much into experimentation and that is exactly why I love these new pro Casios. They are amazing sound "labs" where you can just try new things. With sampling, the step sequencer and fiddling with the knobs and sliders you can really come up with the cool things. I really like the idea of making sounds that haven't been heard before.. the XWs and PX-5S are perfect for that!  B)

See now I gotta go save up for the privia.my living room looks like a mad scientists lab!!!glad my girlfriend don,t live with me.!!!!!question young synth brothers and sisters.I recently got back into synths.Been dormant since1985yep rip van winkle is 63.So my former guitar teacher who used to tour with patti labelle has a treasure trove of vintage synths in great condition with road cases for all. This is what I bought.want your opinion .Yamaha dx7. Korg m1and wavestation rackmount ,two emu emax rack with customized diskettes specially done all connected to a roland midi 200 keyboard .with complete manuals for everything including road cases for around 4k. All in immaculate condition .did I or ami paying too much. He'll remember this is state of the art to an old curmudgeon like me.i,m integrating this the xw g and p.all comments are welcome pro and con thanks!

Well, this is just my opinion.. but I would say 4k is a little steep. Nothing really special about any any of those synths and they are all digital so they can all pretty much be replicated on a $300 laptop with a couple hundred bucks worth of software.  Again, just my opinion. but the most I would pay for the lot is 2k TOPS. But that is just me.. others may pay more or even less depending on how much it is worth to THEM. 

As much as I love the old keyboards (and I have one of that vintage that is likewise in excellent condition - actually, like-new because it has never toured - a Roland D-10) it is much better to have a keyboard that is recent enough to be currently supported, both officially and by an active user group.  The one right here is full of very helpful and downright nice people.