Video Files on Forum ×

Enhancer and Reflection DSPs

I understand most of the DSPs, but I can't quite get my head around these two.

Enhancer

What does it do? What does "enhance the signal's profile" mean?

Reflection

Is it a type of reverb? Does it work in conjunction with the system reverb? What are reflection types 1 to 8?

When would you use either of them?

Enhancer is similar in its result to EQ

Refections a very short reverbs. As in the "reflection" of a very small space. Types 1-8 are variations of that sound - different times and tonal variations. The can be good for drums and percussion as well as other sounds.

• Like 1

Thanks for that information Mike. I've found an article on Enhancers which gels with what you've said: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan00/articles/enhancer.htm The Enhancer tries to boost high, or low, frequencies using phase shifting whereas EQ tries to do the same thing using narrow band amplification. The end result is pretty similar.

If, as AlenK has suggested, System Reverb Type 1 is room reverb and System Reverb Type 2 is hall reverb, Reflection is like a very small room. In my experiments I think System Reverb can swamp Reflections, so Reflection should be combined with System Reverb very carefully, if at all.