Video Files on Forum ×

EDM Slow 1 min song

Hello again guys.

I've been messing with my G1 and P1 phrase sequencers and im having a blast. The engines dont overwhelm at all since im sharing the load in between them 2 which use to cause stuff to get out of sync and lag ( when you build complex layered sounds doing stuff all over the place on 4 zones+ xtra channels)

This is all casio exept for the drum beat which is coming from my kaossilator. I could have used my XWs to make the drum beat but meh i was feeling lazy. The Kaossilator spoils me sometimes :/ Its just so easy to use just like my XWs. I could have never made these sounds with any other synths since apparently u need a master degree on sequencing to understand it.

EDM Slow song.zip Enjoy!!!

If by loose you mean slightly out of tempo/sync, then it might be the music and not the drums. The drums were a preset pattern from a machine, but the rest i did live using the phrase sequencers and playing on my G1. Heh i think i should have done it at 120 BPM. 125 was torturing my fingers and i felt like falling behind lol. My bro is a drummer so when live he'll fix it :)

Also if tempo seems to be too much of a pain in the butt for live performances i came up with an idea that might make it easier. Im gonna separate each chord section in the 8 step seq and set it to live cue. Basically i could potentially use it as a sample pad. It would be much accurate timing this way since i wont have to be thinking where my 5 fingers are going next lol.