Video Files on Forum ×

is the Privia warranty transferable?

leeskeys

I believe the 3 year warranty option is only available to the original REGISTERED owner and then  only if he registered it online within a short period after purchase.

If you sell it, the written 1 year warranty that shipped with the manual might still apply but I'd suggest you read it and see for yourself if it states whether or not it's transferrable.

Either way, anything over a year old I wouldn't try and sell it with the warranty as a selling point.  People here on the forums like Jokeyman bought their XW-P1's used and had no warranty whatsoever to speak of once they bricked their units with firmware updates, so I wouldn't exactly hold my breath on this one.

Then again, consumer protection laws vary from state to state, country to country and jurisdiction to jurisdiction and these often override the clauses of the written warranty so it's something you'd have to check with your local consumer affairs office.

Also if you purchased it with certain credit cards they also offer extended warranties, but again only to the original purchaser.

Gary

First line of the warranty:

"This product, except the case and battery, is warranted by CASIO and its distributors to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of one year from the date of purchase"

Full text is here:
http://www.casio.com/support/warranties/musdvcwarr.htm

Most used musical instruments are sold "as-is" with no warranty.  I doubt you will get much push-back from any potential buyers about a warranty as long as everything is working properly when the buyer takes possession.