Turning Step Seq into sample pad

Zergmazter

In my previous post i talked about how you could turn the sequencer on a P1, or G1 into a sample pad. If you practice hard enough you will get use to it. Im kinda new to this set up so i struggle to maintain my time for now, but i will get better!!!

Here is a sample video so you can see what it can do:

EDIT: Oops i left my volume too high and my sound is cracking. Meh its just a sample.

• Like 2

I can resume in a small paragraph:

To do this u will have to disable the middle part of the keyboard (around 3 keys right under the step seq pad). Do this by arranging the LOW's and HI's ranges of each zone around your mid area exept for one zone. The zone u didnt modify just lower the volume all the way down. On that same zone go to Perform-Edit-Sequencers-Arpeggio and set the LOW-HI range for that zone on the mid section right under the Step seq pattern pads (I do Ab4-Bb4), then go all the way down and set the arpeggio to (S/S)

Last step is to go to Perform-Edit-Zone Param and scroll all the way down where it says 'Arp Enable'. Turn all off exept for the modified zone you will be using to trigger it.

Its done! Even tho no arpeggio will be heard every time you press any of the selected keys under the Step seq pattern pads (1-8), you will trigger the step sequencer by touch. Release it and it turns off. Watch how i change chords changing the pattern first on the step seq then triggering it on the keyboard. Its like driving shift stick. Have fun  :)

On the G1 its even better since you can use samples on your sequence on each pad. Even if u got just the P1, just create a chord using channels 8-16 per pattern in the step sequence and arrange them in the order that seems easier for you to trigger. You can pretty much do anything with this, even have a different beat per pattern assigned, then trigger with your keyboard. Have fun  :)

• Like 1